Bonobos is seeking a creative and passionate Assistant Designer to help take Bonobos shirting and neckwear to the next level.
Founded on a better-fitting pair of pants and the friendliest and funniest customer service around, Bonobos is one of the fastest growing men's online apparel companies ever. As our Assistant Designer, you'll be working with all facets of design development for casual shirts, dress shirts, ties, and pocket squares alongside the fun and highly talented Design team. In this role, you'll be diving into the design process head first, pulling together seasonal inspiration, color and fabrics. You'll be sketching, creating and coloring print and patterns, collaborating with our tech team during fittings and communicating daily with our Production and Merchandising teams.
What you'll do...
- Report directly to our Senior Design Director and assist with every step of the design process
- Help prepare seasonal color palettes, request fabric and trim development, create tech packs
- Attend fittings with a dynamic cross functional team and edit outcomes
- Maintain organized boards, notes, binders and more
- Work on a team with an “all-hands-on-deck” mentality where the sharing of ideas (and delicious snacks) is encouraged
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or a related field
- Have 1-2 years of experience in the design industry and a strong passion for menswear
- Have a good understanding of how the design process works
- Have a top notch sense of style, color and print, and are excited to bring new ideas to the Design team
- Have a fundamental understanding of garment construction
- Possess strong Illustrator sketching skills and can create detailed tech packages
- Are proficient in Photoshop, Word, and Excel and have some experience using PLM
- Are organized and detail-oriented with great communication skills
- Are great at prioritizing your workload and meeting deadlines, even when things get crazy
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Director Of Planning, E-Commerce & Guideshops
Liam works with Bonobos’ Planning Team to review sales reports, merchandise performance, and product features. He ensures that Bonobos has the correct products to achieve its financial goals.
Back to top