Head of Sales
- San Francisco, CA
Bond’s mission is to accelerate the pace of financial innovation and access to capital.
Today, it's difficult for many businesses to build the financial products they imagine. Whether that's launching a new credit or debit card, a savings account, a lending business, or anything else — there are barriers in the way. Bond is focused on helping brands, businesses, and banks hurdle over those roadblocks.
Bond makes it easy for businesses to find the sponsor banks they need to legally offer financial products. We make integration to often-antiquated financial vendors more intuitive. And, we make regulatory compliance not only achievable, but accessible. Our platform streamlines the process of launching and iterating on financial products, thereby enabling digital brands to better engage their customers with unique financial products tailored to their needs.
At Bond, we value leadership and believe everyone is a leader. We look for people who operate like owners, who loves to learn, have grit, and operate with integrity and empathy. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out — and set you apart. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions.
As the first Head of Sales for Bond, you will work closely with Partnerships, Product and Compliance to bring on new Brands and Fintech customers to our platform. You will oversee core sales functions that enable us to develop new business, sign up new customers, and delight our existing customers. You will partner closely with our initial set of customers to ensure they continue to successfully launch and scale our financial products. Given the scope and influence of this role, you will meaningfully contribute to Bond’s overall commercial and product strategy and be an integral member of the leadership team. This role will report directly to the CEO.
- Manage all new business and existing business
- You’ll own and evolve our sales strategy with a clear vision and articulation of the specific brand verticals/segments we’re targeting and our approach
- You’ll design and communicate a multi-year sales roadmap and share it with the wider company to provide insight into our focus
- You’ll oversee all sales activities around new clients, renewals, and upselling - ensuring customer success!
- Establish sales goals and target and ensure team success
- Partnering with the executive team and Finance team, you’ll build pipeline and sales goals as an input to our overall P&L
- You’ll deploy the right tools to qualify and develop inbound leads using sales automation and CRM systems
- You’ll be able to drive a high level of accuracy in your sales forecast
- You’ll design sales targets and be responsible for team performance against those targets
- You’ll design quotas and goals specific for each region and team
- Build and manage a motivated team
- You’ll design compensation plans and hold your team members accountable, while creating an environment that brings out the best in everyone
- You’ll build a framework for growth so as to have the right amount and type of roles to support sales goals and existing clients
- You’ll ensure success against predefined targets
- Collaborate closely across Bond
- You’ll partner with our head of product and head of engineering to improve usability and refine our product strategy based on customer feedback
- You’ll hold the team accountable to best practices around Sales Engineering, Account Management, Customer Success, and New Business Sales
- You’ll inspire the entire team to be part of Sales!
You must have:
- 10+ years of B2B sales experience, 3+ years in B2B sales leadership
- Demonstrated track record of building a sales organization at an early stage
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction required
- Experience hiring, retaining and developing a scaled team. You are an excellent motivator, and can also have tough conversations when needed.
- You can clearly and effectively collaborate across teams and can combine a “platform as a service” way of thinking with a very relationship-driven approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication, as well as presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly
- Experience working with legal, product, and internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements
You also likely have:
- Experience in FinTech, and/or platform as a service business models
- Masters in a technical field and/or MBA is a plus
Bond is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top