- San Francisco, CA
Bond’s mission is to accelerate the pace of financial innovation and access to capital.
Today, it's difficult for many businesses to build the financial products they imagine. Whether that's launching a new credit or debit card, a savings account, a lending business, or anything else — there are barriers in the way. Bond is focused on helping brands, businesses, and banks hurdle over those roadblocks.
Bond makes it easy for businesses to find the sponsor banks they need to legally offer financial products. We make integration to often-antiquated financial vendors more intuitive. And, we make regulatory compliance not only achievable, but accessible. Our platform streamlines the process of launching and iterating on financial products, thereby enabling digital brands to better engage their customers with unique financial products tailored to their needs.
At Bond, we value leadership and believe everyone is a leader. We look for people who operate like owners, who loves to learn, have grit, and operate with integrity and empathy. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out — and set you apart. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions.
Bond’s General Counsel will build a world-class legal team and own the legal function at Bond. The GC and legal team will partner very closely with our Chief Compliance Officer and compliance team. You will also work closely with team members across functions - including product, engineering, data, strategic partnerships - to work on a wide range of corporate matters and represent Bond with various external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have served as General Counsel previously at a fast growth technology company, preferably also experience working closely with FinTechs and banks.
- Advise internal business teams on a variety of legal topics pertaining to launching bank programs with Brands and Banks, vendor agreements, intellectual property, security and the general legal framework for developer inhouse ecosystems
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts
- Partner closely with our compliance team on regulatory matters
- Support the CEO and finance team in capital raising efforts
- Build trust and influence the leadership and business roadmap
- Handle corporate governance matters, including Board materials, consents, minutes, and manage internal processes and policies
- Monitor pending/emerging legislation and regulation and advise the business teams of regulatory developments
- Responsible for anticipating and addressing potential legal risks
You will have:
- JD degree from a top law school
- 7-12 years (minimum) of relevant legal experience at a law firm or in-house
- Strong knowledge of and interest in disruptive technology, financial services, and/or fintech; prior experience working with fintechs and sponsor banks a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build a team, preferably from scratch
- Proven ability to proactively, efficiently, and accurately assess legal business risks in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of creative problem-solving, excellent written and oral communication skills, and creation of strong and trusted cross-functional relationships
- Proactive personality and strong eagerness to learn about the business, the industry, and new areas of the law and applicable regulations
Bond is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top