Engineering Manager, Fintech APIs
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the future of money is integrated and personal. Bond’s mission is to accelerate the pace of financial innovation and access to capital. Our enterprise-grade financial technology platform streamlines the integration between brands and banks, dramatically reducing friction and creating a more repeatable model. Through our AI-powered infrastructure, Bond enables digital brands to better engage their customers by offering personalized and compliant banking products.
Bond is building a developer platform for financial technology companies and digital brands to build beautiful products for their customers. Our APIs allow companies to create financial products that delight their customers, take the guess work out of integrating with banks, and simplifying dozens of vendor contracts. We empower the developer with our tools so that they can focus on delighting their customers.
As Engineering Manager, Fintech APIs:
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- Mentor, grow, and empower a team of 10 to 15 engineers by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success, and enable them to become technical leaders
- Build plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your team
- Set architectural vision and frontend best practices to deliver rapidly while minimizing technical debt
- Guide technology decisions with input of key stakeholders for the team, while contributing alongside them
- 6+ years of experience at a tech company
- 2+ years experience in engineering management
- A Master's Degree in a STEM or business field, or successful startup experience
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience with Linux shell and Docker
- Experience in Agile and CI/CD methodologies
- Experience working with data, data security, or other highly regulated industry
- Domain expertise proximate to FinTech, SaaS platforms, or developer APIs; or successful startup experience
You also likely have:
- 8+ years software engineering experience
- 4+ years experience in engineering management
- Passionate developer with an understanding of best-in-class API building
At Bond, we value leadership and believe everyone is a leader. We look for people who operate like owners, who loves to learn, have grit, and operate with integrity and empathy. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out — and set you apart. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions.
Bond is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top