- San Francisco, CA
Bond’s mission is to accelerate the pace of financial innovation and access to capital.
Today, it's difficult for many businesses to build the financial products they imagine. Whether that's launching a new credit or debit card, a savings account, a lending business, or anything else — there are barriers in the way. Bond is focused on helping brands, businesses, and banks hurdle over those roadblocks.
Bond makes it easy for businesses to find the sponsor banks they need to legally offer financial products. We make integration to often-antiquated financial vendors more intuitive. And, we make regulatory compliance not only achievable, but accessible. Our platform streamlines the process of launching and iterating on financial products, thereby enabling digital brands to better engage their customers with unique financial products tailored to their needs.
At Bond, we value leadership and believe everyone is a leader. We look for people who operate like owners, who loves to learn, have grit, and operate with integrity and empathy. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out — and set you apart. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions.
As a Director, Compliance, you will build and scale compliance programs for Bond, as well as advise Brands and Banks on compliance obligations to offer financial services products via the Bond platform. This role reports to the Chief Compliance Officer, and you will be a subject matter expert to the company, bank partners, and brand partners. You will seek out compliance requirements from key stakeholders and our external advisors, and formulate them into a programmatic solution.
You will be responsible for:
- Partnering with our Chief Compliance Officer and the Strategic Partnerships team to design, enhance, and execute bank policies, procedures, testing, and controls to ensure compliance with banking laws and regulations (i.e. FDIC and state), and address all areas of compliance, money laundering and fraud risks
- Consulting on special projects (new products/services, new/changed systems, etc.) relating to compliance risks, processes, and controls
- Developing and implementing banking and financial services regulatory compliance requirements applicable to our business
- Developing a comprehensive and tailored banking compliance monitoring and control platform
- Building and scaling banking compliance monitoring programs across business functions
- Operationalizing regulatory requirements for consumer and commercial financial products, such as debit and credit cards
- Serving as a trusted compliance advisor/partner to both internal and external stakeholders
- Providing proactive insights into trends, issues, threats and opportunities in the banking and financial services industry to the executive team
You must have:
- 8-10 years of experience in compliance program management at fintechs and/or sponsoring banks that are supervised by the FDIC, CFPB and/or state banking regulatory bodies
- Minimum of 6 years in a banking regulatory compliance role, specifically with knowledge and experience with consumer protection laws and regulations (i.e. UDAAP, ECOA, EFTA, TILA, TISA, BSA/AML, OFAC, Privacy, FCRA, ESIGN, CAN-SPAM, etc.)
- Direct experience with creating and implementing banking compliance program(s) from the ground up, ideally at a bank sponsored fintech
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, project management, and risk management skills
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to provide clear guidance, understand procedures, and interpret regulatory requirements
- Experience presenting to, and influencing, internal and external stakeholders
You will also likely have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Direct experience dealing with banking regulatory bodies preferred
- Experience working with third-party providers that facilitate non-financial services companies to offer financial products
Bond is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top