Research & Insights Associate
- New York, NY
Research & Insights Associate
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over twenty five million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, religion and/or ethnicity. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
Click here to see what it's like to work inside the Bombas Hive!
About the Job:
We are looking for someone who is inquisitive about human behaviors and passionate about cultural trends to join our Customer Insights team as our Research & Insights Associate, reporting directly to our Director of Customer Insights & Strategy. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of experience in research. As the Research & Insights Associate, you will work collaboratively with the Customer Insights team to identify, evaluate and invest in exciting consumer, market and product opportunities.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Execute both qualitative and quantitative research projects from end-to-end to infuse the customer’s voice across all internal processes
- Synthesize and summarize findings using multiple data sources to inform brand, marketing, and product strategies
- Assess the size and attractiveness of market segments, help prioritize consumer segments, and unearth unmet consumer needs
What we’ll love about you:
- Loves to learn, asks insightful questions, passionate about learning new categories and new businesses in the apparel space
- Insatiable curiosity to get beyond surface-level learning and uncover true insights is fueled by constantly asking questions
- Empathetic and strong consumer intuition - you must be able to put yourself in the shoes of the consumers, even if they are not similar to you, in order to identify motivations, pain points, and solutions that are unique to those consumers
- Highly collaborative and able to quickly establish credibility within the team to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and comfortable sharing insights and recommendations to different audiences
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving back
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, employer-paid health benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks, and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you’ll bring:
- 2-3 years of professional experience in consumer insights, consulting or market research
- Experience at a startup or similar fast-paced technology company
- Strong desire and ability to understand people and what techniques to use to uncover consumer insights
- Exceptional communicator (verbally and written) - ability to tell synthesize and convey messages, and present in a visually compelling way
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Director of Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests only related to accommodations will be responded to.
Back to top