Manager / Senior Manager of Outbound Shipping
- New York, NY
Manager / Senior Manager of Outbound Shipping
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Millions of pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, color, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, genetics, physical or mental ability, protected veteran status, race, religion and sexual orientation. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
Click here to see what it's like to work inside the Bombas Hive!
About the Job:
We are looking for a conscientious, highly motivated, and analytical individual to join our Operations team as the Manager / Senior Manager of Outbound Shipping, reporting to our Senior Director of Operations. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience in managing outbound shipping and supporting warehouse teams to make positive business impacts.
Bombas products are designed and produced to be best-in-class. The Operations Team is charged with providing equally outstanding fulfillment and delivery experiences to our customers. You will work with our parcel carriers, 3PLs, and numerous internal teams to get the job done.
What you’ll be responsible for:
a) Outbound Shipping
- Owning parcel contracts including renewal and rate negotiations. Understanding invoices, minimums, discounts, surcharges and money back guarantees.
- Liaising with account executives from each carrier to maintain strong partnerships.
- Coordinating with Wholesale accounts to ensure timely shipping of product and reviewing chargebacks related to late deliveries.
- Collaborating with Marketing, Digital Product, and Finance to test, launch, and evolve ecommerce shipping options during promotional and non-promotional periods.
- Adjusting ecommerce shipping options and checkout messaging to manage customer expectations given fulfillment delays, holiday observances, or website maintenance.
b) Data and Analytics
- Analyzing data to monitor shipping patterns and recommending opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Analyzing the impact of promotions on transportation spend.
- Managing and monitoring “click-to-home” (CTH) metrics by zone/weight/carrier/service and recommending service improvements by performing cost-benefit analysis on expediting costs vs. incremental revenues.
What we’ll love about you:
- Qualitative and quantitative thinking. You use data, creativity, and common sense to solve problems.
- Strong communication—in writing, over the phone, and in person.
- Aptitude for distilling complex information into concise and actionable next steps.
- A knack for creating efficiencies without sacrificing quality.
- A good attitude, a level head, and the desire to succeed.
- Belief in our mission and understanding of the importance of giving-back.
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k with match, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you’ll bring:
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in ecommerce fulfillment, shipping, or supply chain logistics with both data analytics and project management responsibilities.
- Experience with parcel carrier contracts, invoices, and data.
- Experience with WMSs (e.g. Manhattan) and ERPs (e.g. NetSuite).
- Skilled at Excel analyses and building reports in business intelligence reporting tools (e.g. Looker). Bonus points for basic SQL.
- A self-starter: Can drive projects with minimal guidance.
- Detail-oriented with ability to organize and concisely communicate information across teams.
- You can provide examples of times you adhered to a timeline, contributed to a team, made a mistake, and accomplished something you’re proud of.
Back to top