Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We welcome you to apply! When applying to this general posting, our expert BNY Mellon Talent Acquisition Team may also review your resume for consideration across other open roles within the company.
We're seeking Senior Principal, Data Architect to join our Technology Services Group-Infrastructure Engineering team whose focus is providing stable, scalable, and robust infrastructure for the firm while leading the strategy of our integrated engineering solutions.
You'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Researches and implements corporate data management strategy to improve the company's advantage in the marketplace.
- Strategizes and contributes to enterprise level technological initiatives on data governance, management and usage.
- Develop and articulate actionable target state data architectures and roadmaps in support of enterprise data management strategies, including but not limited to data lake, data master, data distribution & consumption architecture patterns
- Ensures high quality delivery of the company's data architecture and data administrative solutions and services.
- Provides enterprise data architecture planning, design and deployment in business solutions.
- Technology - providing client-focused, technology-based solutions, enhancing client success through world-class software and leading-edge infrastructure.
- Defines architecture and design in accordance with architecture principles. Adheres to established architecture methodologies and standards and ensures compliance with company policy. Identifies organization-wide initiatives and makes recommendations for the use of technology.
- Performs enterprise planning and designing solutions for emerging business and complex technology environments. Identifies and recommends ways to drive more value out of the company's technology assets.
- Engages with business and operations SMEs to ensure data architectures support business capability and operational process improvements
- Designs stable and flexible high-performance solutions, maximizing reuse and avoiding redundancy. Works with other stakeholders in optimizing architecture solutions.
- Works with the enterprise business architects, application architects, database architects and technology architects for deploying technology solutions
- Oversees architecture activities of the organization to assure the strategic goals of the organization are met, including coordinating all required procedures, technical artifacts and approvals. Provides mentoring to other architects and leads peer reviews of architecture artifacts.
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $131,500 and $260,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.