For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
The FX Sales and Trading technology team is responsible for developing BNY Mellon's Foreign Exchange electronic trading platforms. The team is distributed globally with the London team primarily responsible for the pricing and execution.
We are looking for a software engineer to initially work closely with the eFX Trading desk build implement the Non-Deliverable Forwards pricing and distribution engines to the various trading venues, implement market data and order gateways, and integrate and support components developed by eFX Trading desk into the platform.
The successful candidate will:
- Consult with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support for backed features and components;
- Scale the backend architecture and codebase to support growth;
- Work closely with the eFX trading desk to gather and analyse the requirements, and present solutions;
- Integrate eFX desk developed application components and vendor purchased applications;
- Manage deliverables across multiple system owners to deliver critical changes to existing systems;
- Proactively manage and resolve any risks and issues that arise during project delivery;
- A combination of the following technical skills:
- Core Java
- *nix scripting
- Any experience using low latency messaging middleware, e.g., Solace, or has implemented a low latency messaging solution;
- Prior experience implementing latency sensitive applications. Experience developing electronic trade solutions for FX products is a highly desirable;
- Experience integrating with financial exchanges using the FIX protocol;
- FX Product knowledge is highly desirable;
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.