Technical Instructor, Eastern Region
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
The Technical Instructor is responsible for delivering technical training to BMW Group dealership technicians and apprentice trainees for the Service Technician Education Program (STEP) through practical workshop training sessions and theoretical instruction in a workshop environment. This position will independently study technical material, repair procedures and all relevant material related to BMW Group vehicle systems and procedures in order to improve their understanding and relevance.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and install relevant diagnostic tasks in vehicles for workshop training sessions
- Assisting in course development
- Organize and maintain the professional appearance and operation of the training facility
- Assist in representing BMW Group University at assigned functions
- Provide administrative support for departmental responsibilities
- Be able to travel 10%
The Technical Instructor is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Qualifications and experience
- Post-secondary certificate and or degree in automotive or related technology and or 5 - 10 years of experience working as a professional service technician.
- BMW Group experience preferred
- Must be able to understand automotive technical curriculums.
- Must be able to speak fluently and freely in front of large audiences/group of 10 or larger.
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Must be competent with Word, Excel, Power Point
- Must have diagnostic skills and be able to perform repairs on automobiles
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, make decisions quickly and meet deadlines
Back to top