Software Engineer 2
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
The Software Engineer 2 will be responsible for developing applications and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and deliver software solutions
- Contribute to software design
- Contribute to the development and efficiency of the team
- Communicate with external groups
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in planning sessions to estimate work and plan for work to be done
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
Qualifications and experience
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics
- 2+ years of recent experience as a software developer
- Command of at least one modern programming language and experience working with mainstream scripting languages
- Excellent software engineering skills in: object-oriented design, test driven development, automated unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, etc.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of how business needs translate into software solutions.
- High energy, a passion for software and ability to work in a highly collaborative agile environment
- Experience with Rest API or other service oriented architecture approaches
- Have code on GitHub for personal or public open-source projects (send us links!)
- Work with large data sets using Hadoop and mapReduce
- iOS or Android application development
- Experience with SaaS applications
Back to top