Service Retention Program Manager \u2013 Segment 1 + 2
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
The Service Retention Program Manager is responsible to develop key strategic programs focused in Segment 1 (1-4 years old) and 2 (5-7 years old) to increase retention and promote initiating long lasting relationship with new customers to the BMW network for customer pay growth.
Approx. 48% of BMW customers begin to defect within years 4-7 due to pricing and lack of competitive offers. It is critical that within this role the person takes responsibility for product management, pricing, sales and marketing and incentives for the Fixed-Price Packages (Service/Maintenance Packages) business in the US market. This includes the innovative thinking to address industry trends such as subscription services, multi-tiered offerings, and loyalty programs. The sooner BMW can establish relationships of value and trust, the more likely the brand will be able to retain customers in later years.
This position will be responsible for planning, sales, and marketing of the following Aftersales Categories within 345 BMW Dealerships and 128 MINI Dealerships.
- Maintenance Plan Upgrades and Service Contracts
- Service Package(s) - Subscription Models
- Fixed-Price Offer(s) - Fleet and other business included
- Light House Offer(s)
- Pre-paid maintenance packages
- No-Cost maintenance product
- Other maintenance/warranty products
- Parts Sales
- Service Retention increase
- Grow of the overall Service Retention Strategy specifically targeting Segments 1 and 2 of ownership
- Drive Service based customer pay growth
- Increase active customers through program enhancements and efforts
- Continually implement program enhancements and to address changing business environment in order to initiate and build the customer experience with service immediately after purchase
- Primary Product management of the MPU program (Maintenance Program Upgrade- Ultimate Care & MINI Maintenance).
- MPU Marketing Budgets planning and utilization (Cost of Sales Budgets, Marketing Budget and Business Boost budget).
- Leadership and Key Account Management.
- Market Research & Business Analysis: Manage all aspects of the No-Cost Maintenance program and Service Packages program.
The Service Retention Program Manager - Segment 1 and 2 position is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
Qualifications and experience
Bachelor degree , Business Administration or similar area of experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in Retail or Wholesale.
- Extensive Automotive Aftersales Experience.
- Strong Sales background.
- Conceptual/Strategic thinker.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize various projects.
- Strong insight in Service Retention, Customer Pay business.
- Strong Presentation skills and history of presenting to peers and management.
- Experience in developing and implementing new ideas and programs.
- Strong Leadership skills/ networking skills.
- Analytical Skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with database platforms.
- Experience or knowledge of classic restoration/collision business.
- Dealership experience.
- Automotive service drive/fix operations knowledge and experience.
- Proficiency in German language.
Back to top