Service Retention Program Manager \u2013 Segment 1 + 2
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
The Service Retention Program Manager - Segment 3 and 4 position is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ and reports to Gabriel Morley, a Service Retention Manager. This is a FL V (Professional) position with Lease Vehicle eligibility.The Service Retention Program Manager is responsible to develop key strategic programs focused in Segment 3 (8-10 years old) and 4 (11-20 years old) to increase retention with older cars and attract new customers to the BMW network for customer pay growth.
Today within years 1-10 BMW has approx. 75% retention but the overall company vision is 75% retention in 1-20 years. In order to achieve this goal this position must focus on competitive offers through Value Service, Attracting new customers with Service events, aide in the completion of Recalls with RSVP events, an develop a strategic vision and approach for capacity and future service models (Fast Service Only, Customer check-in, Service Factory).
This person will be responsible for Planning, Sales and Marketing of the following Aftersales Categories for 345 BMW Dealerships and 128 MINI Dealerships.
Currently there are over 1.4 Million customers in Segments 3 and 4 that are not being retained. Through sale program development of new offers, channels, and enhancements this function must improve and attract non-original owners (Second/third owner) to dealer services. This includes the development of programs such as:
- Value Service: Maintenance and Repair
- Service Events: Traditional, non-traditional, "cRSVP Recall"d events
- Fast Service
- Dealer Offer Analysis: Mystery Shopping
- Promotion of Genuine Parts usage via Brand Protection efforts
- BMW Classic Certification Program development and promotion
- Grow of the overall Service Retention Strategy specifically targeting Segments 3 and 4 of ownership.
- Drive Service based customer pay growth.
- Increase active customers through program enhancements and efforts.
Value Service (Segment 3 and 4 Competiveness):
- Develop the overall Value Service strategy and drive its implementation.
- Manage the Value Service Umbrella to develop transparent pricing strategy.
- Align the R3 program into Value Service to be price competitive to the aftermarket and alternative parts market (IRFs).
- Develop, implement, and manage a competitive parts reimbursement strategy to address pricing opportunities.
- Implement Value Service through multiple/various sales channels (ie. Online, Connected App, Dealer Website etc).
- Develop Marketing and promotional strategy to communicate dealer price competitiveness, quality, and services.
- Innovate new offers and sales through dealer group offerings, fleet packages, and subscription model alignment.
Service Events and Customer Recall Service Alignment:
- Develop and implement solutions to ensure high recall completion rates required by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) including RSVP Recall Service Clinics.
- Steer the usage Service Clinics to increase active customer count and provide opportunities to grow Customer Pay.
- Support Recall with the knowledge of hosting and conducting Service Clinics in order to align in recall completion rates.
- Develop a strategic approach to implement FastService with participating dealers to grow customer pay and retention in conjunction to addressing capacity needs (Fleet/ Electric Vehicle focused).
- Manage the program usage and developmental strategy to provide potential opportunities for growth.
- In conjunction with service only points; evaluate and develop a model of Fast Service/Service Only operations that address customer desires for convenience.
- Align with Center Development, develop a strategy to enhance PMA coverage with Fast Service locations.
Service Capacity Planning, Alternative Capacity Models (Service Factory/ Service only), EV/Fleet Capacity:
- Develop a strategy to continually address the ever changing business needs of the vehicle portfolio, as Electric vehicles, Fleet business continue to grow, and their service needs must be merged with the existing product portfolio and capacity requirements.
The Service Retention Program Manager - Segment 3 and 4 position is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
- Employee car program.
- 401(k) Savings Plan.
- Retirement Income Account.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor degree , Business Administration or similar area of experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in Retail or Wholesale.
- Extensive Automotive Aftersales Experience.
- Strong Sales background.
- Conceptual/Strategic thinker.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize various projects.
- Strong insight in Service Retention, Customer Pay business.
- Strong Presentation skills and history of presenting to peers and management.
- Experience in developing and implementing new ideas and programs.
- Strong Leadership skills/ networking skills.
- Analytical Skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with database platforms.
- Experience or knowledge of classic restoration/collision business.
- Dealership experience.
- Automotive service drive/fix operations knowledge and experience.
- Proficiency in German language.
Meet Some of BMW of North America, LLC's Employees
Service Retention Field Force Manager
Julia works with BMW’s sales force in order to understand exactly what motivates them in their day-to-day work and provide specific support.
Back to top