As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Stockton, California.
The Regional Distribution Center Warehouse Associate is responsible for performing daily operational tasks assigned by Regional Distribution Center (RDC) management staff. They will be required to maintain a level of performance that meets or exceeds the requirement of the assigned department. The Unionized associate may be required to operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to perform the assigned task, and they must ensure compliance with all regulatory and safety standards.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for performing assigned warehouse activities for picking, packing, shipping, receiving, reverse and inventory control, while achieving the highest standards of Quality, Productivity and Customer Service levels to BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce retail centers.
- Acting in accordance with BMW core values and guiding principles at all times. Maintains strict compliance with all established policies and work rules.
- May be required to use powered industrial equipment in order to perform assigned tasks. Must be able to obtain/maintain required certifications and adhere to all Federal, State and locals laws.
- May be required to process shipment of federally regulated Dangerous Goods. Must be able to obtain/maintain required certifications and adhere to all Federal, State and locals laws.
- Responsible to meet/maintain required levels of performance (i.e. quality, productivity, etc.) within area of assignment.
- Comply with the BMW Value Added Production System (VPS) within assigned area.
- Required to maintain essential supplies on assigned equipment and/or work area.
- Ensure a safe and clean environment is maintained at all times.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- $21+ per hour and 7% yearly bonus
- 3% shift differential
- Annual salary increases
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance (no cost to low-cost benefits).
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan with 6% employer match
- Fully funded Retirement Income Account
Qualifications and experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Work experience, Leadership experience
- Previous logistics/distribution experience
- OEM distribution experience
- Ability to obtain all Dangerous Goods Certifications.
- Language: Fluent English. Ability to speak or understand Spanish or German is a plus, however not required.
- Familiar with Warehouse Management System functionality - SAP, BMW WM