As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in the regional distribution center in Minooka, Illinois.
The Regional Distribution Center Supervisor will be required to set and execute the strategic directions of the assigned department, manage process improvement, employee utilization and exceed targets. They should have strong supervisor/management/coaching and time management skills. It is required to be an expert within your department in order to manage day-to-day activities, all whilst ensuring compliance with all regulatory and safety standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and supporting, warehouse activities for picking, packing, shipping, receiving, reverse and inventory control.
- Direct supervision of Warehouse Associates, while achieving the highest standards of Quality, Productivity and Customer Service levels to BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce retail centers.
- Set strategic directions of the assigned department, manage process improvement and exceed targets.
- Responsible for all key performance indicators, throughout warehouse operational areas, ensuring maximum performance is secured. Provide consistent and accurate data reporting and review/analyze, in line with BMW reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the direct assignment of work/duties for Warehouse Associates.
- Advise, direct and adjust the hourly labor force throughout the day in order to meet or exceed all targets.
- Organize and prioritize order/workload processing, to ensure completion within set deadline standards.
- Coach, counsel, motivate and develop subordinates at every level. Identify and communicate opportunities and strengths.
- Monitor and report daily department and employee performance in areas of quality, production and process.
- Responsible to ensure all required training, staff enhancement training and relevant certifications are complete, current and properly documented for assigned department.
- Maintain proper inventories of required warehouse supplies, such as corrugated boxes, packing supplies, and labels.
- Ensure compliance of the BMW Value Added Production System (VPS) within assigned area.
- Complete special projects as assigned by Operations or Quality and Compliance Manager
- Ensure a safe and clean environment is maintained at all times.
- Perform physical technical parts verification against Parts Catalogue drawings, provide quantity validation, physical part characteristic validation to support dealers/parts technical.
- Schedule warehouse related building and equipment maintenance when necessary.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
Qualifications and experience
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years logistics/distribution experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Direct management/supervision experience
- OEM distribution experience