Data and Project Manager
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
The Data and Project Manager will maintain process and technical support for various purchasing systems and for a Contract Management System; train buyers and business departments on procurement processes, guidelines and systems (including session planning and material update); produce management reports and monitor KPIs; provide administrative support; act as a point of contact and a coordinator for the Central Purchasing Department at the Headquarters and for business departments in BMW NA and Financial Services NA.
MISSION: We provide the BMW Group with products and services at the best possible quality / total cost ratio on a long term basis. We work on improving the BMW Group's competitive position by being professional, committed and capable colleagues, who cooperate with internal and external partners on the basis of trust.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Solve user technical problems and support user process (for IFT, Portal M, Supplier Database, XFlow and CCMS).
- Test and provide release and rollout support and process enhancement (IFT and Portal M).
- Pull reports and provide KPI analyses and management reports (Radar, IFT).
- Prepare and provide user trainings (plan sessions, update material, provide trainings).
- Be point of contact for central BMW Purchasing and central and local IT Departments.
- Provide administrative support for the Purchasing Department.
The Data and Project Manager position is located Woodcliff Lake NJ.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or/and minimum midterm (min. 4 years) experience in the BMW organization or equal area outside BMW.
- 3-5 years experience in procurement (BMW process knowledge is an advantage) of services and goods for major projects or relevant experience or long term experience in responsible commodity area.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Email, etc.
- SAP knowledge.
- Presentation skills.
- Great verbal/written communication skills.
- BMW process knowledge.
- Fluency in German language is a plus.
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top