Continental Distribution Center Team Lead
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in the Continental Distribution Center in Nazareth, PA.
Continental Distribution Center Team Lead will be required to execute on a daily basis the set strategic directions of the assigned department, manage employee utilization and exceed targets. They should have strong leadership, coaching and time management skills. They will be required to be an expert within their area for both process and system functionality. Team Leads will be expected manage day-to-day activities, whilst ensuring compliance with all regulatory and safety standards.
The Continental Distribution Center Team Lead position is located in Nazareth, PA.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
- Employee car program.
- 401(k) Savings Plan.
- Retirement Income Account.
Qualifications and experience
- Associate's degree or business experience equivalence.
- 1-2 years of logistics/distribution experience.
- Knowledge in all operational areas within supply chain distribution.
- Knowledge of the general warehouse industry, best practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Experience with labor planning and resource management.
- Ability to lead teams, strong people skills, teambuilding and organizational management.
- Motivational skills- Ability to identify counselling and coaching opportunities in order to grow the team and improve performance.
- Experience with recruiting and interviewing prospective candidates for material handling positions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills. Comfortable presenting to group settings.
- Ability to obtain all Dangerous Goods Certifications.
- Language: Fluent English.
- Direct management/supervision experience.
- OEM distribution experience.
- Familiar with Warehouse Management System functionality - SAP, BMW WM or EWM.
- Ability to speak or understand Spanish or German is a plus, however not required.
Back to top