Chemical & Battery Program Manager
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
The Chemical & Battery Program Manager's ultimate responsibility is to increase sales of BMW Group Chemicals and Batteries leading ultimately to increased customer satisfaction for dealer network and end customers.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Implementing Chemical and Battery product strategies by working directly with Dealer network and coordinating efforts with vendor partners.
- Manage day-to-day relations with Chemical and Battery vendors including inventory management, logistics support and detailed strategy for reducing delivery lead times.
- Manage daily Chemical and Battery program needs and vendor key account teams. This position requires a very close vendor working relationship with very frequent contact to manage program development and to ensure contractual obligations are being recognized.
- Manage Chemical vendor through any and all new product introductions or existing product transitions with the goal being properly rolled out with no product shortages or excess after product transition.
- Manage ongoing programs to stay within overhead and COS budgets to meet BMW Group profitability targets.
- Collaborate with Warranties department to identify opportunities to reduce warranty reimbursement costs.
- Communicate with Technical Service and Recall teams to identify any future issues that will affect the Chemical or Battery business or how our group can support any recall efforts. Proper planning to alleviate potential stock out issues.
- Implement the sales campaigns for the BMW/MINI Chemical and Battery businesses and track campaign effectiveness.Communicate the sales strategy and review targets weekly with Chemical Field Force Managers, and as needed with vendors and internal departments.
- Analyze sales data monthly to determine whether products are selling or should be removed from portfolio.
- Analyze data from Cognos / Atlas / SAP to measure program effectiveness and program needs.
- Construct product forecast and communicate needs / expectations with vendor to foresee potential inventory issues to reduce back orders.
This person will also be responsible for the Chemical and Battery Pricing, Logistics, Dealer Communication, IT / Systems as it relates to Chemical and Batteries program operations.
The Chemical & Battery Program Manager position is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree or equivalent work experience in Automotive Parts and Service Operations (covering Chemicals, Battery).
- 3-5 years of automotive experience.
- Chemical/automotive battery sales background.
- Sales and marketing background.
- Experience managing complex projects and multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- SAP experience.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Ability to clearly communicate in a professional manner with dealers, regions, vendors and all internal team members.
- Strong background in Automotive Parts and Service environment is preferred.
- 3-5 years of automotive experience (preferably Aftersales, Automotive Service and Parts).
Back to top