BMW NA 6 Month Internship - HR Intern Coordinator
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
We are pleased to offer a 6 Month Internship starting in January 2019 at BMW of North America, LLC.
6 Month Internship BMW NA - Intern Coordinator
As an intern, you will get an overview of standards as well as policies and procedures related to the employment of interns. You will be responsible for handling the company's international internship program as well as the summer internship program for our Chicago technology office, which includes:
- Screening of applications
- Selecting suitable candidates in close collaboration with the hiring managers and leading the interns' hiring process
- Working with the German American Chamber of Commerce towards issuing visa applications
- Leading the onboarding process and orientation
- Working in compliance with the OFCCP guidelines
Moreover you will aid in acclimating new interns to BMW NA and serving as primary contact for interns, as well as their prospective departments and supervisors. You will be the main contact for any concerns related to interns throughout the BMW NA offices.
A side from the daily duties, you will also proactively work on the following projects:
- Social Media: posting and maintaining our social media sites (LinkedIn)
- Research: focused on HR topics for different operational projects
Qualifications and experience
• Enrolled in Bachelors or Masters degree or have graduated no more than 12 months prior to internship start date. Preferred fields of study: Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology.
• Prior HR experience in form of internship, co-op, projects, etc.
• Experience in the tech industry preferred.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic environment.
• Able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Applicant Tracking Systems.
• Must be available for 6 months.
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top