6 Month Internship BMW NA \u2013 Intern Coordinator
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
We are pleased to offer a 6 Month Internship starting in March 2019 at BMW of North America, LLC.
6 Month Internship BMW NA - Intern Coordinator
As an intern, you will get an overview of standards as well as policies and procedures related to the employment of interns. You will be responsible for handling the company's international internship program which includes:
- Screening of applications
- Selecting suitable candidates in close collaboration with the department managers and leading the interns' hiring process
- Working with the German American Chamber of Commerce towards issuing visa applications
- Leading the onboarding process and orientation
- Working in compliance with the OFCCP guidelines
- Extend offers to interns and work with background checking vendor
Moreover you will aid in acclimating new interns to BMW NA and serving as primary contact for interns, as well as their prospective departments and supervisors. You will be the main contact for any concerns related to interns throughout the BMW NA offices.
A side from the daily duties, you will also proactively work on the following projects:
- College Recruitment: support HR Team in posting jobs on college career sites and attending recruiting events
- Research: focused on HR topics in different operational projects
Qualifications and experience
• Enrolled in Bachelors or Masters studies or have graduated no more than 12 months prior to internship start date
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic environment
• Able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Track record of accomplishment and commitment to excellence
• Attention to detail and willingness to roll-up sleeves to get the job done
• Preferred fields of study: Business Administration, Operations Management, Psychology
• Concentration: Human Resources
• Additional Skills: Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Applicant Tracking Systems
• Attributes: Responsibility, flexibility, analytical thinking, process orientation, self-motivation, creativity and proactivity, ability to work hands-on, independently and as a part of a team; practical experience in the field of Human Resources is a plus
• Languages: English (very good oral and written)
• Availability of 6 months
Please make your selection below to apply today!
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top