Senior Accountant and Data Mining Specialist
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
The Senior Accountant and Data Mining Specialist prepares independently and supports the accounting and actual financial reporting activities by the Accounting Department in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), BMW Group Accounting Guidelines and other applicable financial policies and procedures of the BMW Group.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Prepare and post journal entries, monitor and reconcile interface postings to the general ledger.
- Investigate and clears reconciling items timely and provides day to day technical and general accounting guidance.
- Prepare reconciliations and related account analyses to ensure business transactions are reflected accurately and timely.
- Review, test, and change existing internal controls that expose the company to unnecessary risk and implements new controls deemed necessary.
- Create and enhancing management tools and knowledge of data mining to facilitate ad hoc requests stemming from senior managemet initiatives.
Additionally this position will be the subject matter expert on resolving various systems and technology related issues that arise in the accounting focus area. The incumbent should support the implementation of new technologies and maintain the functionalities.
The Accountant and Data Mining Specialist is intended to work closely together with PMO and local/central IT departments as well as other business departments - if needed - to achieve the best system-supported solution from an entity perspective with focus on audit trail and reliable data in the accounting system. Additionally this position researches, evaluates and helps introducing new systems in order to promote innovations to the accounting department and supports various projects with the necessary accounting background.
For this position it is essential to have besides a solid accounting education also a very strong interest and orientation in technical processes and systems.
The position assists the Financial Analysis and Accounting Services Manager in ad hoc requests and accomplishing annual objectives assigned to the Financial Analysis and Accounting Services Team.
The Accountant and Data Mining Specialist position is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
Company sponsored Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
Employee car program.
401(k) Savings Plan.
Retirement Income Account.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Systems with Major or concentration in Accounting or equivalent years of professional experience in this same field.
- Minimum of +2 years' experience in Public or General Accounting and/or business systems application experience.
- Minimum of +3 years' experience with
- Must possess advanced knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and / or International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Deep knowledge about SAP landscape required.
- Strong orientation and interest in system and technology (preferably SAP Finance).
- High analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to work well independently on key topics.
- Ability to summarize and present conclusions / recommendations.
- Experience in analyzing / presenting complex financial issues / processes and setup proper process to account for these transactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in working with external auditors.
- Strong inter-personnel skills, self-confidence, quick comprehension of new tasks and assertiveness in order to be able to represent the accounting view in discussions with process partners.
- Post graduate certificates in Data Mining / Data Analytics or equivalent.
- High proficiency in SAP Finance Modules (FI, CO) & Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access basic.
- 3+ years of experience in BMW Group with knowledge of BMW accounting / reporting processes.
- Experience performing financial analysis with large data sets.
- Experience with Tableau.
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top