Safety Engineering Intern
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
We are pleased to offer a 6 Month Internship starting in or about July 2018 at BMW of North America, LLC.
6 Month Internship at BMW of North America - Safety Engineering and Intelligent Transportation Systems Department
The Safety Engineering and Mobility Services Intern will fulfill multi-faceted roles working closely with experienced Safety and Mobility Engineering staff. Your work will contribute to projects and tasks related to:
- identifying, researching and evaluating potential safety issues for corrective measures,
- streamlining internal and external processes to benefit our interaction with government agencies, and
- conceiving, developing and evaluating cutting-edge technologies to power future mobility services, and
- creating comprehensive scheduled and ad hoc reports for internal or external purposes
The role is focused on data analytics and reporting. It heavily relies on a Microsoft Access Database so experience with that program is preferred.
A creative, investigative mind and an inquisitive, positive attitude are pre-requisites for this broad-based position that will work with all BMW Group brands, including BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce, Motorrad, and BMW i, in partnership with many other departments in the USA and in Germany, including Research, Engineering, Aftersales, Mobility Service, Digital Services, Corporate Communication, Corporate Legal and Corporate Quality.
What are you waiting for...jump into the driver's seat and apply for the 6 Month Internship BMW NA - Safety Engineering today!
Qualifications and experience
- Enrolled in Bachelor's or Master's studies or have graduated no more than 12 months prior to internship start date
- Preferred field of study: Engineering or Information Technology
- Concentration: Development, Design, Quality Control, Statistics, and/or Analytics
- Reliability/quality control methods,
- Skills/experience: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), VBA skills, SQL and Microsoft Access is preferred
- Conscientious, responsible, self-motivated, ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Availability of 6 months at least
BMW NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top