As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in either Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
The BMW Group Legal Department Corporate Counsel is primarily responsible for providing expert, comprehensive legal advice for the BMW Group and its companies, officers, directors, management, and employees on business critical, strategic, high risk and exposure, regulatory, compliance, public policy, and day-to-day matters. They are expected to perform as much legal work as possible in-house, control legal costs, and manage and direct law firms, experts, legislative counsel, lobbyists, vendors, suppliers, Alternate Dispute Resolution providers, and other third parties in handling BMW Group legal affairs.
The ideal candidate will handle dealer and distribution matters for Rolls-Royce Motor Cars and BMW motorcycles and antitrust, corporate sales, fleet, used vehicle, mobility services, alternative fuel and power source, and transaction matters. Responsibilities include enabling the respective businesses to operate and continue to succeed in a legally compliant manner and reduce the BMW Group's legal exposure.
The ideal candidate will work in conjunction with business colleagues at BMW of North America, LLC, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC, BMW Financial Services NA, LLC, and other BMW Group companies as a BMW Group lawyer to use their expertise to provide legal advice and will perform research, draft documents, handle contracts and negotiations, resolve disputes, provide training, and manage outside counsel.
The BMW Group Legal Department Corporate Counsel position is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
• A member of the bar association in at least one jurisdiction in the US
• Licensed to practice law in New Jersey (this could include obtaining a license to practice in-house based on being a member of the bar of a state outside of New Jersey)
• 5 years of legal experience
• Must be able to use Microsoft Office, Lexis/Nexis, and Westlaw
• Must be able to travel overnight as necessary
• Dealer agreement and/or franchise experience is desired, but not required
• Antitrust experience is desired, but not required
• Prior legal experience with another motor vehicle distributor or manufacturer is desired, but not required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Employee car program
401(k) Savings Plan
Retirement Income Account
What are you waiting for...jump into the driver's seat and apply today!
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran stat
Meet Some of BMW Group Companies U.S.'s Employees
Sr. Technical Instructor
Cesar teaches BMW’s North America entry-level technicians how to master engine mechanical electric systems. He provides technical training on BMW’s many mobile products and processes, preparing teams for great professions.
Back to top