Director of Marketing Communications (San Francisco)
Bluewolf, an IBM company, is a global consulting agency that builds digital solutions designed to create results. Now.
We're the proven Salesforce strategic partner for a reason— our technology-driven method combines our team's years of experience with cloud solutions that continually connect our clients with their customers. We specialize in leading cloud technologies like Salesforce, but our clients come to Bluewolf for so much more than our technical expertise. We serve a community of future-focused industry leaders dedicated to building the next generation of digital experiences. The way we see it, when business is done in real time on the cutting edge, it's always now. Connect with us to stay in the now at Bluewolf.com
As part of the Bluewolf Marketing team, you will work to build the perception of Bluewolf as a best in class, consulting agency to customers, partners, media, analysts, and employees, globally.
MarCom sits inside of Bluewolf's Corporate Marketing department and helps to strategize and execute the corporate brand strategy. The Marcom Director will work with company leaders and across the corporate marketing team, including product marketing, to execute an integrated brand-focused marketing plan across all channels and geographies. The goal is to support business growth and create brand awareness for Bluewolf solutions.
This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing, and is responsible for creating and enabling around Bluewolf's brand platform, crafting public relations and analyst relations strategy, and supporting top executive's brand platforms.
The key focus areas are building brand awareness, developing thought leadership, identifying emerging trends and issues in the market, working closely with IBM, and managing activity that brings revenue to the business and improves our market position.
- Manage the Bluewolf corporate brand positioning. This requires engagement with a variety of stakeholders to ensure the brand is consistently implemented globally. This person will facilitate and lead our messaging process to ensure our corporate messages are relevant, consistent, documented, published, consistently embraced, and most importantly, stand out from the "noise."
- Public Relation/ Analyst Relations: Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications, public relations, and analyst relations program(s) that will enhance the Bluewolf's image and position within the marketplace and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Ensure crisp and precise articulation of Bluewolf's desired image, position, and voice in the ecosystem, both internal and external. Assure consistent communication of that image, position, and voice throughout the global Bluewolf team, to our channel partners, and with our parent, IBM.
- Responsible for grooming, training, and leading an effort to establish Bluewolf's executives and industry thought leaders as ready to comment and address trends in the market.
- Manage Bluewolf's global partner agencies, including PR & AR.
- Establish and measure KPIs to track the impact of MarCom on Bluewolf revenue.
- Create and manage strategic customer programs that align to Bluewolf's market position and ensure client engagement and participation in global campaigns, events, and marketing initiatives.
- Manage Bluewolf Innovation and Women Innovators Network programs.
- Manage to a global budget number, and report up accordingly.
- Minimum 8 years of direct experience and proven track record leading PR or Corporate Communications required
- Experience managing a team
- B2B marketing experience - a strong preference for "services" or "cloud ecosystem" marketing a plus
- Excellent verbal communication (public speaking and media relations) writing and editing skills
- Ability to creatively tell stories, not just fall back on corporate jargon
- Demonstrated ability to thrive on fast-paced team
- Experience with high growth companies preferred
- You can create ideas and deliver on them
- Strong project management skills - ability to manage multiple work streams and delegate
- B.S. or B.A. degree, preferably in marketing communications, journalism, English or related field
- Be a true leader with passion that shines through
- No relocation – candidate must live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Obtain Salesforce Certification as required by role upon hire
Meet Some of Bluewolf's Employees
Senior Marketing Automation Consultant
Krissy works with companies across the globe to automate their marketing processes so that they have more time to focus on other important aspects of their businesses.
Back to top