Desktop Support Specialist - 00721 - 2017
Bluewolf, an IBM company, is a global consulting agency that builds digital solutions designed to create results. Now.
We’re the proven Salesforce strategic partner for a reason— our technology-driven method combines our team’s years of experience with cloud solutions that continually connect our clients with their customers. We specialize in leading cloud technologies like Salesforce, but our clients come to Bluewolf for so much more than our technical expertise. We serve a community of future-focused industry leaders dedicated to building the next generation of digital experiences. The way we see it, when business is done in real time on the cutting edge, it’s always now.
This individual will be responsible for answering requests for service on a wide range of computer hardware and software issues. The DSS will also be responsible for documenting, tracking, scheduling & monitoring problems in the Help Desk system.
- Responding to in-house and remote employee calls, emails, and Service Desk requests for technical support.
- Supporting & maintaining end-user account information.
- Performing stand-alone and networked computer software & hardware installations, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Following logical troubleshooting methods & procedures to identify and resolve all manner of technical problems encountered by our end users.
- Evaluating & recommending hardware & software solutions, with a focus towards open source software alternatives.
- A commitment to providing a positive customer service experience
- College/Technical degree or Computer Certificate preferred.
- Proven ability to support and troubleshoot various end-user computing needs – 4+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced environment ideal
- Strong working knowledge of PC & MAC desktop computer hardware.
- Experience supporting both Microsoft Windows 7/10 & MAC OS X operating system environments.
- Solid foundation of computer hardware & software troubleshooting skills and methodologies.
- Experience with basic network administration tasks (managing network user accounts, group memberships, permissions to network resources, etc.).
- Demonstrated skills in supported laptops, desktops, printers, A/V and peripherals
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information in a user-friendly language
- Ability to triage complex technical issues for all levels of the organization & diagnose/troubleshoot networking issues
- Adept at working autonomously and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Obtain Salesforce certification after start
Meet Some of Bluewolf's Employees
Sr. Salesforce Consultant
Andrew works hands-on with businesses to help them build out their Salesforce platform. To do so, he talks with them in detail about how he can improve their operations.
Back to top