Design Director (San Francisco)
The Design Director position is on the Bluewolf Corporate Marketing team and deals with the Bluewolf brand (non-client facing). This role will be responsible for providing creative inspiration, design direction, maintaining brand consistency across all of Bluewolf's deliverables, scaling our design team to support our growing organization, and rolling up sleeves and designing. It's a fast-paced environment with bright individuals eager to do interesting work, and we're looking for the right design team leader to join our Pack. The best candidate has a lot of "right brain" but also a lot of "left brain."
- Manage and mentor team of in-house designers + maintain a pool of contractors.
- Absolute commitment to inspire, assess and mentor the team throughout the creative process.
- Expectation for self and team to deliver highest standard of creative work, from inspired start, to the last small details of finished work - that all maps to the brand vision.
- Serve as a brand ambassador – ensure that the brand vision and its voice align in ways that will generate brand loyalty and deliver sales in all channels of the business.
- Provide clear and constructive input to keep cohesion to the brand.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills that are guided by self-discipline, personal accountability and participation / partnership; can prioritize and handle multiple projects to meet tight deadlines while maintaining a professional and positive attitude.
- Accountability to the company calendar & deadlines, as well as the administration of team & individual project schedules.
- Meet all budget and financial stewardship responsibilities.
- Adhere to full cycle performance management of your direct reports.
- Lead daily design reviews.
- Analyze performance data and keep team aware of what works, what doesn't etc.
- Design for all mediums, including print, web, environment, interaction, etc. (i.e. signage for events/tradeshows, infographics, graphics for email campaigns, collateral pieces, business cards, web graphics, brochures, mobile apps, etc. etc.).
- Be strategic and plan to scale brand support for a growing organization.
- Employ tool and process changes to create efficiencies.
- Must have 3+ years of graphic design experience and a strong portfolio
- Art Direction experience a plus
- Must have experience leading and mentoring a team
- Must have excellent communication skills and be receptive to feedback
- Must have strong project management / organization skills / ability to multitask and "pivot" as needed
- Must know Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Keynote
- Must have be an exceptional creative talent
- Must be an "ideas person" who oozes passion and loves to think creatively / push boundaries / seek inspiration
- Must enjoy working with a team and remaining calm under pressure / tight deadlines
- Must have own laptop with Adobe Creative Suite for first few months
- Must come into office - not a freelance position
Bluewolf, an IBM Company is a global consulting agency that builds digital solutions designed to create results. Now.
We're the proven Salesforce strategic partner for a reason— our technology-driven method combines our team's years of experience with cloud solutions that continually connect our clients with their customers. We specialize in leading cloud technologies like Salesforce, but our clients come to Bluewolf for so much more than our technical expertise. We serve a community of future-focused industry leaders dedicated to building the next generation of digital experiences. The way we see it, when business is done in real time on the cutting edge, it's always now. Bluewolf.com
Meet Some of Bluewolf's Employees
Sr. Salesforce Consultant
Andrew works hands-on with businesses to help them build out their Salesforce platform. To do so, he talks with them in detail about how he can improve their operations.
Back to top