Compensation Manager, New York - 00622 - 2016
Bluewolf, a global IT consulting division of IBM, has an immediate opening for a Compensation Manager which will collaborate closely with Finance and Human Resources. This Compensation Manager needs to be a strategic thinker who can effectively align employee compensation with desired business outcomes. This position is located in our New York office. Bluewolf also has offices across the United States and in the United Kingdom, France, Australia, and the Czech Republic.
Bluewolf is committed to nurturing a work environment where our people thrive and work together to achieve our mission. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to manage the compensation that we offer to reward our people.
- Develop long range objectives regarding compensation programs.
- Oversee, improve, and take responsibility for the incentive compensation process from start to finish, utilizing and supervising resources within the Finance department where needed.
- Develop and manage annual compensation programs, including salary and merit increases, and promotions.
- Prepare compensation models and standardized compensation reporting.
- Develop training and communication for employees across the organization related to compensation programs.
- Work with HR colleagues to develop appropriate salary levels for new positions.
- Conduct and participate in appropriate salary benchmarking surveys and report on
- Maintain knowledge of current issues and laws related to compensation and assure organizational adherence.
- Work with HR colleagues to develop standardized position descriptions to be refined for individual employees.
- Work with HR colleagues to understand and determine FLSA designations for various roles in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Prepare routine reporting for executive and senior management.
- Research compliance related issues and day-to-day activities and make recommendations for resolution.
- Counsel employees on compensation questions and issues.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and organization skills.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, as required.
- Innovative, creative thinker.
- Facility with analyzing financial data and developing reports.
- Excellent communication skills to submit ideas, proposals, and decisions (in writing and orally) in a professional and effective manner.
- At least five years’ compensation related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, nonprofit management, business administration, finance, accounting, or other discipline is required.
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
Meet Some of Bluewolf's Employees
Sr. Salesforce Consultant
Andrew works hands-on with businesses to help them build out their Salesforce platform. To do so, he talks with them in detail about how he can improve their operations.
Back to top