- Cambridge, MA
Requisition Number: FIN20-902
At Blueprint Medicines, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-a-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicines to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
[Objective of position]
We are seeking Accounting Manager to join the Blueprint Finance team. The Accounting Manager’s key responsibilities include financial reporting processes related to our manufacturing activities and assisting with reviews of the monthly close and quarterly reporting. These accounting responsibilities include, but are not limited to, cost accounting and related accruals for clinical and commercial manufacturing activities, including future product launches as well as the review of other areas of the monthly close. In addition to working with the Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams, this member would be collaborating with our external Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs). The ideal candidate will be a highly organized individual with strong attention to detail, a sound understanding of accounting, financial reporting and internal controls, prioritization skills and a focus on client service. The Accounting Manager will work across functions and teams at Blueprint Medicines as a trusted partner to facilitate efficient communication to obtain information necessary for our financials. A successful candidate will be a proactive thinking to ensure our accounting is accurate. The individual should enjoy working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
- Manage all areas surrounding product manufacturing and drug supply accounting performed as part of the monthly close process; including all accruals, account reconciliations and capitalization procedures
- Streamline and maintain inventory tracking and cost accounting for commercial products
- Implement cost accounting processes related to new commercial launches
- Prepare and lead materials related to high risk and high dollar monthly accrual meetings with supply chain and drug manufacturing departments and CMOs to influence the correct path for business decisions
- Collaborate with internal manufacturing and supply chain teams on process improvements included areas to streamline data accumulation
- Collaborate with internal manufacturing and supply chain teams and CMOs on new manufacturing contracts, changes to existing contracts and amendments
- Support cost related calculations and analyses associated with the Company’s various collaboration agreements
- Assist accounting team with other areas of the month close when needed including other high-risk accruals and reviewing calculations performed by other members of the accounting team.
- Prepare and/or review footnotes related to the quarterly and annual SEC filings
- Manage multiple areas related to the development and maintenance of an effective system of internal controls and compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Liaison with external auditors on quarterly reviews and year-end audit
- Assisting with the budget and forecasting of the clinical organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA certification
- At least 5 years’ experience, preferably with a background in public accounting
- Prior biotech experience is favorable
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.
Powered by JazzHR
Back to top