Staff Software Engineer - Infrastructure
- New York, NY
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer - Infrastructure to help our engineering teams build scalable, extensible, reliable, and performant systems. The role will be hands on optimizing our Kubernetes clusters, managing our GCP infrastructure, and improving our DevOps and SRE practices. Learn more about our automation with this blog post on Argo, Kustomize and Config Connector.
You will be hands-on managing hundreds of servers with Infrastructure-as-Code tools (Terraform, Config Connector) and optimizing our multi-zone and multi-region network topology. You will be responsible for designing, building and supporting automation tools to help developers safely manage release operations and highly-available systems. You will be maintaining Bluecore’s shared libraries providing best practices for service development. You will be responsible for our system and application level security practices, from container scanning, to RBAC, to service and user level AuthN and AuthZ systems.
- Manage hundreds of servers and thousands of containers on our Google Kubernetes Engine clusters using various automation tools.
- Design and manage zero-trust networks using Open Policy Agent (OPA), Envoy and Istio.
- Define and scale our Observability strategy with Prometheus, Jaeger, and Grafana.
- Design, architect, and build performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scale within one or more engineering domains. Provide significant engineering contribution even in domains with less expertise.
- Plan, design, and roadmap extremely large and complex projects with difficult and intertwined dependencies that push the boundary of what the engineering team and the entire business is capable of. Promote coding standards, styles, and design principles across the organization.
- Proactively identify technology opportunities for the company, and push technical ideas, proposals, and plans to the entire organization and beyond through presentations, technical specs, blog posts, and documentation.
- Lead company-wide technical strategy and decisions, and facilitate progress by building consensus amongst senior engineering leadership and company leadership. Advise and advocate for best tools, methods, and approaches for the entire engineering organization.
- Evangelize Bluecore Engineering internally and externally, including leading external initiatives to promote Bluecore Engineering in the wider community.
- Hands-on experience maintaining Kubernetes at scale and running various workloads on Kubernetes.
- Designing and maintaining network infrastructure, including cloud-based load balancing and ingress/egress design.
- Experience with metric and alerting tools, and experience with distributed tracing systems. Capable of owning engineering and company level issues or gaps, and successfully planning and executing towards resolution, all while continuously identifying and exploring additional opportunities and proactively preventing upcoming risks.
- Experience developing technical roadmaps and estimates that have pushed product and business growth over several quarters. Has a proven track record of successfully completing work that spans multiple teams and quarters, creating large impacts to business success.
- Experience excelling within a high-growth, startup environment or building out a new team/function within a larger company preferred.
- Experience with technical team mentorship, including guiding other engineers to become more effective technical leaders and providing feedback on best practices in code and design.
- Able to identify your team's dependencies on other areas and across functions, communicate effectively to remove any immediate blockers, and propose and implement process changes that strengthen and maintain efficiency.
- Adept at effectively communicating with external customers about critical production issues, as well as working with internal stakeholders from Bluecore’s customer success and support teams to propose and implement immediate fixes and resolution plans.
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
Bluecore is a marketing technology company that’s reimagining how the world’s fastest growing retail brands transform casual shoppers into lifetime customers. Through our patented retail data model and the recent release of Bluecore Communicate™ and Bluecore Site™, we replace manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. We are credited with doubling email revenue, and increasing customer retention for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora, and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Back to top