Although the job title is Training Specialist, what we’re really looking for is our own Jedi Master… someone who can tackle the challenging tasks of a demanding and varied role through the depth and breadth of their training experience, knowledge and their thoughtful, empathetic approach.
If you wake up every morning genuinely excited to share your knowledge and make a difference in people’s lives, we may be looking for you. If you’re a pro at delivering trainings live or online, experienced in building out a course from needs analysis to measuring results, and you know an LMS’s front end from its back-end, we may be looking for you. If you’re all of the above, PLUS you have the kind of people skills that help a trainer make new hires or clients feel totally at ease right away on the first day of their new job, or in the first day of a new class after 10 years on the job, we’re more than likely looking for you!
This very special Training Ninja feels as comfortable teaching software as they do soft skills. Excel pivot tables and effective meeting management are both the types of courses our ideal candidate looks forward to teaching. We want someone who can quickly pick up and deliver training on a wide array of topics to people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences and, in the process, make each trainee super excited to be learning something new. Is that you?
If you’re the kind of trainer who’d be just as comfortable teaching the history and culture of our company to our new hires as you’d be teaching the software we make to the customers who use it, then we want to talk to you!
Here are the A-List responsibilities of the job:
- Help maintain an employee-oriented and customer-focused company culture that emphasizes quality, creativity, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Deliver regular orientation and software training sessions for new employees. This activity will make up the bulk of the job.
- Lead other internal training sessions for individual projects like software releases and employee development. In the process, you’ll use a variety of training methods – including classroom/on-site, self-guided, on-demand video, and real-time webinars – to train a wide range of internal customers with varying levels of comfort with technology.
- Confer with co-workers to analyze new training needs or pinpoint needed improvements to existing courses.
- Create and/or update effective, well-designed training materials and courses for our LMS.
- Assist with preparations for new hires to arrive and participate in New Employee Orientation (e.g. preparing agendas, ordering parking passes, cleaning/preparing workstations).
- Deliver, as needed, client facing webinars or classroom trainings on our software.
What we need to see in you:
- Professionalism, charisma, and an approachable, friendly, and positive nature.
- At least 5+ years of training experience (preferably technical training in a business environment).
- Exceptional proficiency with technology, including an affinity for learning new programs.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Adaptable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment which includes the ability to juggle multiple priorities and yet still manage an organized daily schedule.
- Ability to create and teach material so that it appeals to a wide range of learners, as well as the ability to adjust approach and content as necessary to best meet the needs of varying audiences.
- Experience using the principles of adult learning to deliver classroom and self-guided training solutions.
- Ability to function well under minimal supervision with strong judgment and decision-making skills including the ability to use logic and reasoning to evaluate problems.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%. Frankly, it’s not likely you’d travel that much – more likely 10-25% – but there could be times 50% travel would be needed, so we want you to be OK with that.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Outstanding organizational skills. (Yeah, we know everyone says that – we really mean it!)
- Experience in the Architectural, Engineering, or Construction industry is not a requirement, but it is a strong plus!
If you think you are a good match for this position, please send us
- A cover letter that expresses your personality
- Your resume
- A separate page with answers to these questions:
- In a classroom situation, how do you make your trainees feel at ease?
- Why is it important to do so?
Learn more about Bluebeam here. (Be sure to check out the videos!)
Meet Some of Bluebeam's Employees
Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Beth oversees traditional and digital advertising while dabbling in social media and public relations. She also helps Bluebeam collect and analyze marketing metrics for future campaigns.
Back to top