Sr. Network Engineer (6+ years required) (235-912)
Bluebeam has an immediate need for a talented individual to join our IT team in our Pasadena headquarters. Our new Sr. Network Engineer will help to ensure appropriate configuration, capacity planning and design of voice & data networks are conducted. They will also be responsible for the programming and maintenance of data & voice network switches (LAN/WAN/MPLS), and traffic monitoring systems. This individual will perform deployments to include new installations, equipment upgrades, equipment relocations etc. They will also work with vendors, customers, and third parties to evaluate, improve in-house services.
Bluebeam team members are proactive, positive, and tight-knit with a great sense of humor and passion for our work. Want to see? http://careers.bluebeam.com/culture
More about the role:
- Primary responsibilities include the design, installation and troubleshooting of data networks (LAN/WAN/MPLS/Wireless/VOIP)
- Work to successfully implement secure voice & data network solutions for a global network architecture
- LAN routing and switching configuration, deployment and troubleshooting in medium to large environments
- Assess, design and implement of data and voice security protocols
- Coordinate and manage projects with approved data/communication vendors
- Perform all required back up and restoration functions for data residing on data and voice networks
- Develop processes, procedures, and documentation required for voice & data network administration
- Maintain critical business systems such as VoIP, VPN, Cloud services.
- Execute periodic traffic analysis studies to ensure the telecommunications & data system operates at peak performance with minimal issues.
What we want to see in our ideal candidate:
- BS in CE or EE or equivalent work experience/certifications (VCAP/MCP/etc.)
- 6+ years professional experience of networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex networks
- Planning, designing, building and deploying large scale infrastructure solutions
- Advanced knowledge of Core Networking concepts (Protocols, Routing, Security)
- Experience with VOIP, VPNs and security protocols
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred: JNCIA, JNCIP, CCNA, CCNP
- Ability and willingness for travel up to 15% globally
What we’d love to see:
- Hands-on experience with Cisco, Checkpoint or Sonicwall Firewalls
- Previous experience with EMC, NetApp or equivalent SAN Technology
- Experience with Enterprise deployment across Windows & Mac platforms
- Virtualization technology experience (VMWare, ThinApp, Hyper-V, etc)
- VOIP System experience Cisco/Shoretel/Mitel
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Some sort of personalized introduction for us. This could be a cover letter, a few bullet points about yourself, a comic strip you’ve drawn – anything that tells us a bit about you AND why you want to work here.
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Back to top