Sr. Account Specialist - Civil Engineering
Hello, friend. Welcome to Bluebeam. So glad you could make it. And now that you’re here, we’d like to ask you a question: Have you ever wanted to create meaningful relationships, directly influence the building community, and help implement better solutions with world-class technology?
Yes? Well, then you need to be our next Sr. Account Specialist. And here’s why:
Bluebeam makes some of the most powerful and useful construction technology in the world, and we do that in part by establishing candid, trust-based relationships with our customers. We ask questions and listen first. We spend time learning about our customers’ unique people, work, technical environments and business needs, and then we help match those needs with our tools. In turn, those same customers tell us how to improve the software. Ways that ultimately impact an entire industry. Ways that drive efficiency and create great joy. Yes, it’s an unbelievably rewarding experience. And we need more people to help us develop those relationships because we keep growing like Wisconsin Fast Plants. Yes, that’s a real thing.
Why are you the ideal candidate for this role?
Because you have worked in civil engineering, but you are really interested in forming relationships, bringing people together, solving problems, and improving efficiency. Because you’re enthusiastic and outgoing and can push things forward without being pushy. You have leadership, proactive listening, critical thinking, strategic planning, and project management skills. You have the ability to identify a need, provide a solution and follow it through by successfully prioritizing, delegating and facilitating the execution of your own (really good) ideas. Because you demonstrate the value of those ideas and get buy-in from your customers, your team, and other business units. Because you have a desire to mentor and work as part of a team and want to align your work with product and customer and team.
Well, if these things are true, then we just might have a spot for you here at Bluebeam.
What would you do all day? Is that what I heard you ask?
Well, you would build relationships with new and existing civil engineering accounts by establishing an open, honest and constant dialogue. And you would actively listen to existing workflow pain-points and work to develop solutions. You would provide product demonstrations and proactively follow those up with ongoing engagement until you gained buy-in at the business-unit and corporate levels. And you would find the most excited and engaged users and help them spread the good news about Bluebeam. They will help you uncover the many unique ways they use Bluebeam, and you will help them tell those stories. And they will help our product managers better understand the ever-evolving ways that our customers work and how those innovations become development opportunities. All because you applied to this job posting!
Sound fun? We thought so!
Now, about you. Here are some really desirable traits and skills that you’ve been refining since kindergarten:
- 5+ years working within a professional customer-facing environment
- Experience working within a civil engineering firm or contractor strongly preferred
- Experience in a sales/account management, preferably in a technical field (hardware/software)
- Exceptional computer skills including Bluebeam Revu, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint…you know, the basics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to easily relate to all personality types
- A positive and proactive nature to follow through on helping customers get the answers they need
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple priorities
- Flexibility in order to successfully complete the job responsibilities in a timely manner
- DID WE MENTION WE VALUE ENTHUSIASM?
- Must be a self-starter and be comfortable with ambiguity…what does that even mean?
- Emotional maturity and sound judgment…no tantrums, please!
- Helpful personality with the desire to solve customer business problems
- Proficiency learning new technology (Be able to provide situational support.)
- Some experience with the following preferred:
- Autodesk products (AutoCAD, Revit, NavisWorks)
- Bentley products (ProjectWise, MicroStation)
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- College degree
- OH, AND PLEASE HAVE ENTHUSIASM!
This is a salary-based position (non-commission).
So now you get a chance to tell us about yourself. Send us the following:
- Cover letter that reflects your personality, specifically addresses your interest in Bluebeam and this role, and describes in your own words how you believe account managers can effectively build strong relationships with customers. We would also love for you to explain a situation where Bluebeam Revu has made your life easier and tell us about the features that you can’t possibly live without. (And if you send us the same cover letter you’ve sent everyone else, we’ll be bummed!)
(Psssst…Be sure to proofread. We pay attention to formatting, grammar, and all that good stuff!)
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Back to top