SQL Database Developer
Bluebeam is looking to expand our Studio team and bring onboard a Database developer. Bluebeam Studio is a collaboration platform that enables organizations to manage projects around the world. As part of this role, your main responsibilities will be cloud application development as the resident SQL server database expert. You will yourself, and through the mentorship of others, help design, develop, troubleshoot, and implement performance enhancements across all SQL server databases and related systems. In addition, you will act as a development liaison to our DevOps team in the deployment release, and support of database schema updates.
What you’ll be doing
- Utilizing and sharing your extensive knowledge of database: design, development, performance tuning, sharding, distributed architectures, security, etc.
- Designing scalable, maintainable, high availability database solutions that align with future data needs across our entire cloud product line.
- Providing support and technical expertise including schema and query design to development, QA and other teams.
- Acting as the development team database liaison with DevOps
- Recommending solutions for SQL Server performance monitoring and tuning.
- Analyzing problems, anticipate future problem areas and implement solutions.
- Being available outside of normal business hours as second tier DevOps support as needed to help resolve database related system outages.
What we’d like to see in you
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server developing and tuning high traffic websites and SaaS applications.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices for ORMs like Entity Framework.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting, Visual Studio Database Projects and SSDT
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, and indexing and statistics.
- Experience working with very large databases.
- Knowledge of NoSql databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, and BigTable is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of other aspects of Microsoft SQL Server including administration, replication, backup/restore procedures and related components such as Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration Services is a plus.
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to put in extra time as needed.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Want to see what you might be working on?
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Some sort of personalized introduction for us. This could be a cover letter, a few bullet points about yourself, a comic strip you’ve drawn - anything that tells us a bit about you AND why you want to work here.
Meet Some of Bluebeam's Employees
Stephanie heads into the action of Bluebeam’s partners to film footage for specific campaigns. Then she buckles down in-office to edit and piece together the best story possible.
Back to top