Software Technical Support Representative
Bluebeam has an incredible technical services team and an awesome group of customers WHO LOVE US!
And we’re growing! We’re looking for an extremely motivated team player to join us in our New Hampshire office as an entry-level Software Technical Support Representative.
If you love solving problems and want to take your technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills to the next level, we would love to train you to be a part of our high-performing team. This is a fun, fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity for growth and development.
As a Software Technical Support Representative, you’ll be on the front lines assisting customers with Bluebeam products, both in how to use the software as well as troubleshooting technical issues. We are not a call center! We want our customers to recognize that another intelligent person is on the other end of the phone or email working to understand their workflow and helping them utilize our tools to do what they do better and more efficiently.
Here’s more about what you’ll do:
- Serve as front line contact for customers by answering telephone calls and emails
- Respond to questions and troubleshoot issues related to use of the Bluebeam software applications, including our plugins into other software applications
- Advise customers on software workflows and best practices, helping them achieve the desired end result with Bluebeam products
- Qualify technical issues and gather information about their scope, history and details for escalation
- Assist with other miscellaneous projects as assigned – because you’re flexible! This includes working interdepartmentally to support Bluebeam philosophies and goals.
And here’s what we hope to see in you:
- CRITICAL: Customer service skills. Bluebeam has exceptional standards for customer service, not only for the clients we support, but also for our employees. It is our expectation that the person in this role will like to work with others and will help them solve problems with a positive attitude and helpful spirit.
- 1-2 years of technical support experience (This is an entry level position). While this is not an internal helpdesk role, experience in this area (e.g. Apple Genius Bar or Best Buy’s Geek Squad), is an advantage!
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows 10, 8, 7) i.e. installing and uninstalling programs and drivers
- A positive and proactive nature (You follow through on helping customers get the answers they need!)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (We really mean it!)
- A sense of humor (Examples requested – let’s see who reads this!)
Bonus points if you have these:
- A+ or Microsoft IT Certification (i.e. MTA) – while we’re not big on certifications, you should be familiar with this terrain.
- Experience with PDF software
- Experience with architectural or structural programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Tekla or SolidWorks
- Experience working within the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry
- Experience in iOS and OS X environments
If you think we just described you, please send the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that reflects your personality and briefly covers the following:
- Your interest in Bluebeam and this role
- Describe in your own words a time when you solved an intriguing technical problem for someone other than yourself. Briefly describe the situation, your problem-solving approach, and the final resolution.
(Psssst…Be sure to proofread. We pay attention to formatting, grammar, and all that good stuff!)
Please NOTE: This is NOT an internal IT Helpdesk role.
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Meet Some of Bluebeam's Employees
Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Beth oversees traditional and digital advertising while dabbling in social media and public relations. She also helps Bluebeam collect and analyze marketing metrics for future campaigns.
Back to top