Software Support Specialist (Desktop, Mobile and Web applications)
Please NOTE: This is NOT an internal IT Helpdesk role.
Bluebeam has an incredible technical support team and an awesome group of customers WHO LOVE US. You buy a Bluebeam product, and you’re getting the best support out there. And we are growing! We’re opening other offices regionally and supporting customers internationally. We are looking for an extremely self-motivated team player with a minimum of 4 years’ experience — preferably with a software/hardware technology company — to join our awesome Manchester, New Hampshire team.
We treat our support calls and emails as high-value conversations with our customers. We are not a call center. Programmed, pre-written responses and scripted answers are frowned upon. We do not provide transactional support, but manage customer issues and relationships from initial contact to final resolution. We want our customers to recognize that another intelligent person is on the other end of the phone or email.
Our ideal candidate is a natural problem solver who is optimistic by nature and enjoys interacting with people from varied backgrounds. We are interested in people who can think and reason clearly, who can learn technical issues quickly and who can communicate to customers with patience and empathy. As a technical support specialist at Bluebeam, you will be acting as a consultant to our customers, working to understand their workflow, and helping them utilize our tools to do what they do better and more efficiently.
Here’s more about what you’ll do:
- Serve as front line contact for customers by answering technical support telephone calls and emails
- Answer questions and troubleshoot issues related to use of the Bluebeam software applications, including our plugins into other software applications
- Act as an advocate for the customer and effectively communicate feedback to and from the members of our Engineering team in a very clear and concise method
- Take ownership of technical issues from initial report to final resolution
- Assist internal groups with technical issues and inquiries
- Set up test environments to verify reported software bugs and log them into our bug tracking database
- Create support documentation to be used internally as well as for customers
- Support testing efforts prior to new releases
- Work on projects as assigned
And here’s what we hope to see in you:
- CRITICAL: Customer service skills. Bluebeam has exceptional standards for customer service, not only for the clients we support, but also for our employees. It is our expectation that the person in this role will like to work with others and will help them solve problems with a positive attitude and helpful spirit.
- 4+ years of technical support experience for external customers (again, this is not an internal helpdesk role)— preferably with a software/hardware technology company
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP) i.e. installing and uninstalling programs, registry settings, and the Windows general environment
- A positive and proactive nature (You follow through on helping customers get the answers they need!)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (we really mean it!)
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills
- A sense of humor (examples requested)
- College degree
Bonus points if you have these:
- Experience in a technical field (hardware/software)
- Experience with PDF software
- Experience with architectural or structural programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Tekla or SolidWorks
- Experience working within the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry
- SharePoint and ProjectWise
- Experience in iOS and OS X environments
- Experience working with virtual environments (i.e. Citrix, VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience in setting up and utilizing software deployment tools
- QA experience in a non-gaming environment
- Experience with PostScript and printing/plotting
Goes without saying that you should have these:
- Computer proficiency including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Well organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize numerous tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A sense of initiative with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrate emotional maturity and sound judgment
- A helpful personality with a genuine willingness to solve customer problems
- A strong level of comfort learning new technology
- A general flexibility in order to successfully complete the job responsibilities in a timely manner
If you think we just described you, please send the following:
- A cover letter that reflects your personality and briefly covers the following:
- What is your interest in Bluebeam and this role?
- Describe in your own words a time when you solved an intriguing technical problem for someone other than yourself. Briefly describe the situation, your problem-solving approach, and the final resolution.
- Your resume
(Psssst…Be sure to proofread. We pay attention to formatting, grammar, and all that good stuff!)
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Back to top