Software Product Support Specialist
Bluebeam has an incredible technical services team and an awesome group of customers WHO LOVE US! And we’re growing! We’re looking for an extremely self-motivated team player to help anchor our new Boston office!
We treat our support calls and emails as high-value conversations with our customers. We are not a call center. We want our customers to recognize that another intelligent person is on the other end of the phone or email working to understand their workflow and helping them utilize our tools to do what they do better and more efficiently.
Here’s more about what you’ll do:
- Serve as front line contact for customers by answering technical support telephone calls and emails
- Answer questions and troubleshoot issues related to use of the Bluebeam products, including our plugins into other software applications
- Act as an advocate for the customer and effectively communicate feedback to and from the members of our Engineering team in a very clear and concise method
- Take ownership of technical issues from initial report to final resolution
- Assist internal groups with technical issues and inquiries
- Set up test environments to verify reported software bugs and log them into our bug tracking database
- Create support documentation to be used internally as well as for customers
- Assist with other miscellaneous projects as assigned – because you’re flexible! This includes working interdepartmentally to support Bluebeam philosophies and goals.
And here’s what we hope to see in you:
- CRITICAL: Customer service skills. Bluebeam has exceptional standards for customer service, not only for the clients we support, but also for our employees. It is our expectation that the person in this role will like to work with others and will help them solve problems with a positive attitude and helpful spirit.
- 4+ years of technical support experience for external customers (This is not an internal helpdesk role)— preferably with a software/hardware technology company
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows 10, 8, and 7) i.e. installing and uninstalling programs and drivers, registry settings, Windows Event Viewer
- A positive and proactive nature (You follow through on helping customers get the answers they need!)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (We really mean it!)
- A sense of humor (Examples requested – let’s see who reads this!)
Bonus points if you have these:
- Experience in a technical field (hardware/software)
- Experience with PDF software
- Experience with architectural or structural programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Tekla or SolidWorks
- Experience working within the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry
- Experience in iOS and OS X environments
- Experience working with virtual environments (i.e. Citrix, VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience in setting up and utilizing software deployment tools
If you think we just described you, please send the following
- A cover letter that reflects your personality and briefly covers the following:
- Tell us why you’d be a great asset as one of the first employees at a new office in an established, fast growing company.
- Describe in your own words a time when you solved an intriguing technical problem for someone other than yourself. Briefly describe the situation, your problem-solving approach, and the final resolution.
- Your Resume
(Psssst…Be sure to proofread. We pay attention to formatting, grammar, and all that good stuff!)
Note: Again, this is not an IT Helpdesk position.
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Meet Some of Bluebeam's Employees
Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Beth oversees traditional and digital advertising while dabbling in social media and public relations. She also helps Bluebeam collect and analyze marketing metrics for future campaigns.
Back to top