Software Product Manager/Product Owner
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who can turn a customer conversation into a workflow insight, a workflow insight into a feature requirement, and a backlog of feature requirements into a prioritized plan of attack.
We make software for people who build things for a living. Every once in a while, they invite us to check out their projects in progress—hospitals, bridges, submarines and everything in-between. When it’s time to go on site, the Product Team is there in work boots and hard hats, taking notes and asking insightful questions.
However, you’ll spend most of your time in our stylish headquarters, surrounded by very personable and talented Software Engineers, helping to make a product that people love and depend upon for their livelihood. You’ll enjoy generous, continual end-user feedback, with regular opportunities to collaborate directly with customers of all skill levels.
If the following sounds like you, you are our ideal candidate:
- You’re capable of succeeding in a variety of roles, but you know the Product Team is your best fit. You just have to be involved in creating/shaping products headed to market, because it’s what drives you.
- You’re a prioritization expert: from daily task management to product roadmap discussions, you can align any effort with a clear articulation of what is (and is not) most important.
- You place a high importance on positive team dynamics, and are comfortable leading cross-functional teams.
- You can communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences, adjusting your approach as needed.
- You’re comfortable making, and living with, difficult business decisions.
- You see customer satisfaction not as an end goal, but as the first step towards a product that truly delights end users.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in software product development initiatives, preferably in a Product Manager, Product Owner, or Product Designer role. Candidates will be considered for Product Manager and Sr. Product Manager based on experience.
- Demonstrable experience and aptitude for articulating product functional requirements to Engineers. User stories and/or functional specifications you’ve created will be requested as part of your interview experience.
- At least one shipped product to your name, preferably a product you led from concept to completion.
- Demonstrable experience articulating product UX via wireframing and/or whiteboarding. Samples of your work will be requested as part of your interview.
- A Bachelor’s degree; Computer Science / Engineering a plus.
- Ability to honestly assess and articulate your strengths and weaknesses, and what you do and don’t yet know.
- … And there is no escaping the basics: flexible, likeable, well-presented, excellent written/verbal skills, and able to work well with others and/or with ambiguity…
- Familiarity with contemporary agile development methodologies is strongly preferred.
- Professional experience in the Architecture, Construction or associated Engineering fields is always desirable, but is not essential to succeed in this role
- Experience in development initiatives for productivity software
If you think you are good match for the Bluebeam team, please send the following:
- Cover Letter reflecting your personality and specifically addressing why you are a fit for Bluebeam and this role
- And be ready with those samples we mentioned above!
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/
Meet Some of Bluebeam's Employees
Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Beth oversees traditional and digital advertising while dabbling in social media and public relations. She also helps Bluebeam collect and analyze marketing metrics for future campaigns.
Back to top