Software Automation Engineer in Test - QA (Desktop, Mobile and Cloud Products)
Bluebeam is looking for a talented and self-driven Software Automation Engineer to join our QA team. Our ideal candidate will be creating test automation for features developed by our our Windows, iOS and macOS and Cloud teams, and collaborate with other departments such as Product Management and Technical support to ensure testing aligns with our customer workflows and process. If you are an analytical tinkerer with a passion for learning new testing technology and delivering quality software, keep on reading.
What you’ll do
- Review product design documentation and ensure that features are developed according to design
- Analyze complicated software systems and develop manual and automated test solutions
- Develop test strategies, create test plans, and execute test cases – both manually and via automation.
- Be a vocal champion for quality in every phase of the development process
- Create/Evaluate test tools to improve test process and quality
- Work closely with development to facilitate unit test and integration test
Our ideal candidate:
- BS in Computer Science
- 4+ years of software QA testing experience or development experience for cloud, mobile, or desktop applications
- Experience programming in C# or Java
- Strong foundation in Data Structures and Algorithms, OOP, and design patterns
- Ability to troubleshoot network protocols (i.e. TCP/IP; network infrastructure) using Fiddler, etc.
- Knowledge of at least one relational database (e.g. MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL) and at least one NoSQL database (e.g. Dynamo DB, REdis, Azure noSQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of CI systems (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins) and using them for automated deployment and automated tests
- Proven record of building solid test plans and test automation solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication, people and collaboration skills
- Familiar with defect tracking system (e.g. JIRA, YouTrack)
- Knowledge and Experience with one or more of various Unit Testing Frameworks e.g. xunit, Nunit, etc.
- Knowledge and Experience with one or more Commercial or Open Source QA Automation software in Desktop/Web/Mobile space e.g. HP UFT, Ranorex, Sikuli, Selenium, Appium, Calabash etc.
- Experience in Performance and Load testing using Jmeter, Load UI, Microsoft Load Test Tools, Etc.
- Familiar with one of the cloud computing services (AWS, Azure, Google App Engine)
- Familar with Security Testing Concepts
If you think you are good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Your Resume
- A Cover Letter reflecting your personality and why you are a fit for Bluebeam and this role
(Psssst…Be sure to proofread. We pay attention to formatting, grammar, and all that good stuff!)
Want to see what you might best testing:
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/. (Be sure to check out the engineering section and our videos!)
Meet Some of Bluebeam's Employees
Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Beth oversees traditional and digital advertising while dabbling in social media and public relations. She also helps Bluebeam collect and analyze marketing metrics for future campaigns.
Back to top