Senior Staff Accountant
Bluebeam is a vibrant and innovative company known for its outstanding culture. (Seen this video yet? http://youtu.be/v7OJ19BO7pU). The accounting team reflects that same culture with some subtle differences; they ARE accountants after all…so naturally, they know how to make things count. We are currently seeking a dedicated Staff Accountant to join our small but growing Accounting and Finance Team.
What will you be doing?
Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager the Staff Accountant performs professional accounting duties of a difficult and responsible nature. This position requires an agile and process driven individual looking to build and improve upon existing accounting processes and work within a dynamic and rapidly growing company.
- Supporting the activities of the accounting team including; AP, AR , expenses, and other GL work, verifying adherence to process and procedure
- Support in the accurate and timely month-end close including entering and posting journal entries, prepare schedules for reconciliations.
- Maintaining accurate reconciled general ledger with supporting schedules, including amortizations and fixed asset schedules.
- Responsible for timely and accurate compliance filings, which includes, but are not limited to property, Sales, use and excise tax
- Answers non-routine inquiries regarding account balances, codes, and accounting procedures and policies
- Assist in internal and external audits (internal controls, compliance, IRS) and tax return preparation
- Support Accounting Manager with financial management reports (e.g. internal and external financial statements, forecasts, project related and other ad-hoc reports)
- Ensure that all financial records are maintained in a manner acceptable to regulatory and government agencies, and external auditors
- Research and understand accounting-related concepts as they relate to our operations
- Support Accounting Manager with implementation and monitoring of appropriate internal controls systems
- Review and maintain accounting team policies and procedures, including development of operational procedures and documentation of data flow
- Support Accounting Manager on additional ad-hoc business matters and projects as needed
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- B.S. Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience as an accountant in an operations setting
- Strong understanding of MS Excel, which includes VLOOKUP, index, pivots and more
- Detail-oriented nature and ability to produce work at the highest level of accuracy
- NetSuite and Concur experience HIGHLY valuable
- Strong General Ledger experience with an understanding of GAAP/IFRS
- Effective communication and operations skills
- High level of motivation and initiative with the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work in an efficient manner
- Preferred work history include developing processes where they do not exist and/or improving existing processes
If you think you are good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that reflects your personality and addresses specifically why you are a fit for Bluebeam and this role. (Show us who you are. If you are going to send us the same one you send to everyone else, we can tell and we’ll be bummed.)
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Back to top