Performance Software Engineer
- Pasadena, CA
At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
We are looking for a Performance Engineer who is passionate about delivering a high-quality customer experience regarding performance and scalability. You understand how web technologies work (e.g., Microservices), in addition to being able to code/script in one of a few languages listed below. A and pick up experience in the area of software performance testing and engineering to build performant systems are necessary traits of the person we are looking for.
- You will be a full-time, onsite position. Because of the Corona Virus, all new employees will start work remotely until we can return to the office. More information will be provided in the interview process.*
- Hands-on and not satisfied with "good enough"
- Interested in performance engineering and understanding what makes applications, databases and systems performant and scalable
- You love digging deep to find the needle in the haystack to find answers
- You are not happy sitting on the sideline, you need to be in the game
- Ability to deliver on time with quality and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Passion for wanting to understand how systems work and getting to the cause of performance issues
- As part of the team you will manage the performance quality of our scalable software systems and work with product and engineering teams
- Design, script, configure and run performance tests
- Identify and analyze bottlenecks throughout the entire stack
- Diagnose and manage performance issues to resolution
- Represent performance and scaling needs in product and feature design with developers, usability specialists, user interface designers, and product managers
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience in application development/scripting in the following - C#/Java/Groovy/PowerShell/Python
- Knowledge of some profiling/load testing tools/web proxy tools (JMeter, Fiddler)
- Experience using/accessing databases (SQL Server/MySQL/Elasticsearch)
- Understanding of Microservices and Web Application Protocols
- Experience working with Cloud computing services and frameworks, AWS
If you think we just described you, please send us the following:
- Your resume
- (Optional) A cover letter that reflects your personality and interest in this role and Bluebeam
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying job sites in 3D, and cloud collaboration are changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we're a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Back to top