- Pasadena, CA
At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
We are currently looking for a Performance Engineer who is passionate about delivering a high-quality customer experience in terms of performance and scalability. You have a basic understanding of how web technologies work (e.g., Microservices), in addition to being able to code/script in one of a few languages listed below. A willingness to learn and pick up skills/experience in the area of software performance testing and engineering to build highly performant systems are essential traits of the person we are looking for.
*This role is a full-time, onsite position. Due to the Corona Virus, all new employees will be required to start work remotely until we are able to return to the office. More information will be provided in the interview process.*
- Hands-on problem solver and not satisfied with "good enough"
- Interested in performance engineering and understanding what makes applications, databases and systems performant and scalable
- You love digging deep to find the needle in the haystack to find answers
- You are not happy sitting on the sideline, you need to be in the game
- Self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Passion for wanting to understand how systems work and getting to the root cause of performance issues
- As part of the team you will be responsible for the performance quality of our scalable software systems and work closely with product and engineering teams
- Design, script, configure and run performance tests
- Identify and analyze bottlenecks throughout the entire stack
- Diagnose, track and manage performance issues to resolution
- Participate and represent performance and scaling needs in product and feature design with developers, usability specialists, user interface designers, and product managers
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Knowledge/experience in application development/scripting in one or more of the following - C#/Java/Groovy/PowerShell/Python
- Knowledge of some profiling/load testing tools/web proxy tools (JMeter, Fiddler, etc.)
- Knowledge/experience in using/accessing databases (SQL Server/MySQL/Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of Microservices and Web Application Protocols
- Basic knowledge and experience working with Cloud computing services and frameworks, AWS preferred
If you think we just described you, please send us the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that reflects your personality and specific interest in this role and Bluebeam
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying job sites in 3D, and cloud collaboration are changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we're a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Back to top