Localization Project Manager (multimedia)
- Pasadena, CA
At Bluebeam, we take a customer-focused approach in all we do, and we believe in building the best solutions together - with our customers, partners and employees - to improve the way the world is built. Bluebeam is a highly collaborative environment that encourages our employees to blaze new trails with thoughtful ingenuity, to never shy away from challenges, to work hard and have fun doing it.
As our Localization Project Manager, Multimedia, you will be localizing videos, images, animations, training material and e-learning content. You will be handling incoming localization project requests from the entire company. Ranging from Customer Success and Sales Enablement to Marketing, you will collaborate with all departments as well as regional teams all around the world to execute the projects on time and on budget. You will work with minimal supervision to create, manage, coordinate, and successfully execute plans to complete localization projects. You will communicate important milestones and achievements as well as risks as these relate to projects. You will partner with the Localization Editor; whose focus is on quality and consistency. And you will be integrated into the International Marketing Team to gain in-depth knowledge about regional needs and upcoming projects.
Excited? Come join a great team and help us to think local and scale global!
Here is what you will be doing if you join the team
- Manage localization projects from beginning to end, working closely with external localization service providers, internal project teams and business partners
- Gather business requirements from internal customers, create project plans, set milestones, and negotiate timelines with language-service providers and reviewers, and other internal stakeholders
- Use project management methodology, plan, scope, and deliver projects on time, within budget, and to a high standard, ensuring they meet the requirements of the business.
- Gather necessary project materials
- Drive innovation initiatives like supporting A/B Tests, localization taskforces, including info gathering, deliberation, pivoting, analysis, and optimization of workflows
- Manage localization vendor relationships
- Drive high-quality output from localization vendors and reviewers
- Train different vendors and reviewers as needed
- Lead project meetings including project kickoff meetings, weekly and ad-hoc meetings, and post-project reviews as needed, while ensuring meetings are recorded and minutes distributed to stakeholders
- Set up project kickoffs and other meetings with cross-functional groups for planning
- Represent Localization in sprint planning
Schedule and deadlines (10%):
- Create project schedules and proactively communicate milestone dates to project team members and stakeholders
- Communicate delays to stakeholders promptly
- Create annual localization budgets; meet with teams to review progress against established project lists and budgets
- Review and approve invoices
- Keep track of accruals and spend against budget
- Calculate localization ROI
Process and workflows (10%):
- Oversee end to end localization workflows for multimedia projects
- Partner with in-country reviewers (ICR) to ensure effective and efficient execution of the ICR process
- Identify and work with stakeholders to solve project issues, find causes and corrective/preventive actions as needed; work to resolve and/or escalate to functional management, any deviations (or potential deviations) from plan
- Implement and enforce localization submittal processes for incoming projects
Tracking and reporting (5%):
- Track and report status and metrics on the project delivery and value
- Keep track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
- Report on project timelines and cost. Ensure internal trackers are up to date
- Share data with internal and external stakeholders and create reports upon request
Experience and skills:
- Minimum 3 years of Localization Project Management experience - ideally at a studio, television network or post facility.
- Avanced knowledge of video and audio localization servicing workflows (foreign language subtitles, voice over, captions and dubbing)
- Ability to work with different audio/video containers, codecs, and file formats
- Experience working with cross-departmental teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management disciplines, methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated ability to maintain frequent communications and interactions with language service providers including selection, specification of projects, negotiation, and quality checks
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Dedicated to delivering internal customer service, with proactive response to stakeholder needs
- Ability to integrate subject matter experts input for project success
- Ability to identify conflicts and either resolve or quickly escalate for resolution
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong team player in a multi-language/multi-cultural/multi-time zone environment
- Self-starter and pro-active
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure
- Knowledge and interest in continuing to learn, identify new technologies and new processes
The position is for the time being remote, but it will be based out of our HQ in Pasadena, CA, when we return to work in the office.
If you think we just described you, please send us the following:
Optional: A cover letter that reflects your personality and specific interest in this role and Bluebeam
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany, Australia, Denmark and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Back to top