Director of Quality Assurance
Come join Bluebeam as our Director of Quality Assurance!
As Director of QA, you will be working closely with other members of the engineering leadership team to ensure that our solutions provide the utmost quality across our Desktop, Mobile and Cloud product lines. In addition, you will be responsible for defining the QA organizational and quality development structure, improving processes, as well as providing the vision for the long term development of QA.
You will also be responsible for the culture within your team and you are expected to be well versed in Performance management and techniques for growing and inspiring the next generation of leaders. You will be highly accountable for the level of software quality and reliability delivered to our customers and partners as well as the efficiency with which QA services are delivered. The Director of QA is ultimately responsible for the delivery of the highest level of quality and testing for software releases by leading and guiding QA managers and the QA team using industry-proven quality assurance and release management policies and practices.
Our ideal candidate will have experience building and growing internationally an effective and agile QA department capable of performing in a fast-paced, dynamic business and development environment.
This key strategic, technical leadership position reports directly to our CTO.
What you’d be doing:
- Lead and consult on all aspects of process engineering, including design, planning, and development while implementing the highest level of quality standards.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of staff, while staying abreast of the details of all projects and initiatives.
- Ensure work is delivered in accordance with agreed scope, time, financial, and quality measures.
- Recommend changes to improve productivity and efficiency, reduce costs, correct discrepancies and conform to new or changed business and customer requirements.
- Leverage QA best practices and technologies to develop and maintain a sustainable quality management system to ensure high quality software and services.
- Establish internal and external quality performance metrics based on operational excellence principles and benchmarks, and hold appropriate QA personnel accountable for performance.
- Provides quality performance reports and reviews with senior leadership and functional leaders.
- Develop a standardized Software Quality Assurance strategy for QA teams working across multiple applications and technologies.
- Examine and improve the quality management standardization process including: tracking and communicating issues/defects; follow-up with responsible parties for resolutions and bug fixes, prioritizing defect resolution order and ensuring that appropriate documentation is created and approved.
- Manage the user acceptance testing process by working with our business units and be accountable for the quality of test results.
- Manage test environments, audit build process and risk mitigation from development to production.
- Develop effective relationships within the QA and Development teams, with other internal resources and across departments, to provide expertise and training on testing and operational methodologies; act as a role model in demonstrating a solutions oriented, collaborative approach.
- Manage team knowledge development and training to ensure testing expertise of key applications, system deployment and cross-training of team members.
- Anticipate resource needs, recruit resources and develop succession plans.
- Create an environment that promotes individual creativity and fosters professional growth and development.
- Work with project management, product management, and Development to improve processes to reduce product defects. Ensure scheduled release of high quality product meeting end user satisfaction.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine release readiness.
- Maintain awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated history of providing thought leadership.
What you’d bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (such as Engineering, Computer Science or Quality Management).
- Requires 8 – 10 years QA experience, including 5 years in a Quality leadership role.
- Experience on Desktop/Mobile and Services/Cloud.
- Experience working with a variety of development methodologies including Agile/Scrum.
- Strong understanding of quality assurance testing tools and methodologies including automation.
- Significant experience in managing QA and Testing teams, ability to lead teams of internal and external resources located on- and off-shore.
- Ability to motivate others and lead toward successful goal completion.
- Able to provide thought leadership on Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering concepts.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills necessary to implement policy and initiatives.
- Demonstrated expertise in quality and process improvement systems.
- History of implementing best practices across multiple areas of software testing
- Familiarity with our technology stack and tools (or something comparable):
- Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, HipChat, Bamboo, etc.)
- Test Frameworks and tools e.g. xUnit, Selenium, Sikuli, Mocha etc.
- TDD, BDD and tools e.g. SpecFlow, Cucumber etc.
- Tech stack: C#, AWS
- Mobile tech stack: Xamarin, iOS
- Infrastructure: VMWare
Want to see what we’re testing? http://www.bluebeam.com/us/products/
And learn more about working at Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Think you’re a match? Please send us the following:
- Your Resume
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role and in Bluebeam
(Psssst…Be sure to proofread. We pay attention to formatting, grammar, and all that good stuff!)
Meet Some of Bluebeam's Employees
Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Beth oversees traditional and digital advertising while dabbling in social media and public relations. She also helps Bluebeam collect and analyze marketing metrics for future campaigns.
Back to top