Director of Account Services - Software
- This position is titled internally as Director of Account Management*
So, we have a really big job for you. It’s an amazingly important job and has a vital impact on the way we work here at Bluebeam. The position oversees all customer accounts under all Architecture, Engineering and Construction verticals throughout North America. Sounds pretty big, right? And since we are so invested in the success of our customers, and so driven to engage them in honest conversation, the success of our entire operation hinges on the success of this role. But that doesn’t scare you. That gets you super excited! Good! We’re excited, too…and excited to meet you!
More specifically, you will lead and guide the Account Management team and help Sr. Managers and Managers continue to develop and build out their individual teams. You will help to maintain and strengthen market share, actively deepening the level of engagement with existing customers and pursuing unique relationships with strategic partners. Frankly, it’s an awesome job. And you’ll work with some of the most committed and enthusiastic customers and co-workers on the planet. Why? Because we have a great product, provide great service, and have developed many great relationships with lots of great people.
Let us list out some of the key responsibilities of the role:
- Executive and Team Leadership
- Determine ongoing strategy for Account Management and unify approach with Account Development (and other business functions)
- Lead and set the tone for the entire Account Management team
- Develop, mentor and coach employees
- Create and define a growth path for all team members
- Cultivate strong managers who are able to successfully guide and mentor junior staff
- Establish and manage annual goals for Account Management
- Customer growth and saturation
- Key market opportunities
- To further describe the above, you will work closely with customers and the Account Management team to:
- Facilitate account growth, saturation and retention within existing accounts
- Build partnerships, long term relationships and increase customer participation
- Engage with decision makers to align strategic goals and create a plan for mutual partnership that includes co-marketing initiatives and product roadmap alignment
- Bring the customer voice into all internal channels (i.e. Marketing, Product Development, Operations, etc.)
- Keep an active pulse on AEC industry and technology trends
- Understand industry workflows and how to best position Bluebeam’s solutions to meet and anticipate needs at end user, project and enterprise level.
- Maintain deep product knowledge and comprehension of all licensing and pricing models
- Manage customer negotiations and agreements (i.e. EULA, NDAs, and special customer agreements)
- Partner with Account Development to establish communication strategy and ensure successful deployment, training and implementation
- Continue ongoing communication with Technical Support to stay updated on key customer issues
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years working in a professional customer facing environment, preferably in a technical field (hardware/software)
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Must have proven ability to build and lead a team, promote high standards and quickly establish team’s focus in the face of competing priorities.
- Experience managing a large team across multiple locations and time zones is a plus.
- Experience in the AEC industry
- Must be a proactive self-starter who is ready, willing and able to own, prioritize and juggle multiple projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to easily relate to all personality types
- Must have outstanding communication skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to all levels of an organization.
- Must be comfortable giving and receiving feedback, and have a desire to continually improve.
- Must be proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be extremely comfortable learning new technology. After all, we are a software company.
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 50%)
- BA/BS degree. MBA is a plus
- OH, AND PLEASE HAVE ENTHUSIASM!
This is a salary-based position (non-commission).
So now you get a chance to tell us about yourself. Send us the following:
- Cover letter that reflects your personality, specifically addresses your interest in Bluebeam and this role, and describe in your own words your approach to leadership and how you’ve been able to successfully build and lead teams.
(Psssst…Be sure to proofread. We pay attention to formatting, grammar, and all that good stuff!)
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Back to top