Are you a strong people manager who loves technology? Are you a systems administrator who is interested in systems engineering? Have you used AWS or Azure cloud systems? Then we’d like to talk to you!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the team that deploys our applications and operates our cloud infrastructure for the Studio product line. Core responsibilities will be to help automate and streamline our operations and processes; build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, QA and production environments. You’ll also help us develop processes and documentation to improve the security and reliability of our systems.
- Play a significant role in establishing operational processes for a fast-growing distributed cloud platform
- Improve and champion our build and deployment process for the Studio Cloud product
- Develop and automate standard operating procedures around common failure scenarios (e.g. scripted/automated rollback, failovers, escalation procedures, etc.)
- Monitor, analyze, and report performance statistics for cloud hosted environments
- Consult on overall production system architecture
- Help your team to develop automation frameworks
- Ensure security of hosted systems by monitoring security access to systems
- 5+ years in a web-based software development or operations-related position. (Basically someone who understands the perils and pains of dealing with a production system.)
- 3+ years in a management role
- Background in Windows Administration
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Cloud hosting – AWS or Azure
- Writing technical documentation
- Maintaining and integrating with third party applications like Jira, Confluence, Bamboo
- A blend of tools/coding/scripting abilities, with some expertise in automation
- Understanding of web-enabling technologies including Windows web servers, IIS, .Net, scripting, clustering and other high-availability architectures, TCP/IP, along with various web and administrative tools.
- Some scripting language (PowerShell preferred)
- Chef/Puppet or other configuration management tools
- Skills/knowledge in one or more of these subject areas, no flinching at learning others as needed:
- Configuration management
- Continuous integration systems
- Continuous deployment
- Cloud Systems architecture (e.g. caching layers, content delivery networks, high availability practices)
- AWS or experience with other public cloud infrastructures
- Software as a service
- Database development or administration preferably with SQL Server
- Experience with Windows web servers and their administration
- Business-minded. We want to deliver new features and value to customers as quickly as possible
- Focused on the big picture – not just the engineering or production realm
- Willing to work at all points in the product development pipeline
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Cover Letter (Try to show us who you are. If you are going to send us the same one you send to everyone else, we will be bummed.)
Thousands of contributors on large-scale projects (with huge document sets) collaborate using our solutions to help them streamline their work and meet their deadlines. Bluebeam’s Studio Cloud team heads up the tantalizing challenge of architecting highly-available, cloud-based solutions that constantly smash through the barriers of our customers’ workflow inefficiencies. Our solutions are serving as an integral tool in coordinating architecture, construction, and engineering projects like hospitals, airports, stadiums, etc., and we are continuously finding more and more exciting applications for our handiwork.
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com.
Meet Some of Bluebeam's Employees
Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Beth oversees traditional and digital advertising while dabbling in social media and public relations. She also helps Bluebeam collect and analyze marketing metrics for future campaigns.
Back to top