Bluebeam, Inc. develops innovative technology solutions that set the standard for collaboration and workflow efficiency for Architecture, Engineering, and Construction professionals worldwide. Our customers build some of the world’s coolest projects from state of the art hospitals to bridges to sports facilities, and everything in between.
At Bluebeam, we take a customer-focused approach in all we do and believe in building the best solutions together. Bluebeam is a highly collaborative environment that encourages our employees to blaze new trails with thoughtful ingenuity, to never shy away from challenges, and to work hard and have fun doing it.
About the Job
People make mistakes. We need an eagle-eyed, yet friendly, Copy Editor to fix ours before we publish them. If you enjoy arguing the merits of the Oxford comma and the subjunctive mood as much as you like creating fresh, clean copy, this might be the place for you.
As Bluebeam’s Copy Editor, you will:
- Join a seasoned, talented Content team, reporting to our Content Director
- Review and proofread all published materials and Marketing communications—everything from blog posts, print ads and case studies to press releases, training modules and presentation slides
- Enforce our house style rules throughout all materials, and help us expand and evolve our style guide
- Be the in-house “grammar nerd” for the entire Bluebeam organization
- Participate in occasional “live editing” meetings with project stakeholders to meet tight deadlines
- Manage your time to juggle multiple projects while maintaining a positive, team-first attitude
- Be a full-fledged member of our Content team: You’ll help us brainstorm, pitch ideas and write copy, as your editing workload allows
The ideal Copy Editor candidate will have:
- Minimum three years professional writing/editing experience
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field
- Familiarity with AP, Microsoft and Apple style guides, as well as the Federal Plain Language Guidelines
- A consultative, collaborative work style
- Voracious curiosity and a relentless hunger for answers
- Familiarity with design and construction industry is a plus
- Experience with B2B marketing and technology companies is a plus
- Experience maintaining an in-house style guide is a plus
If you think we just described you, please send us the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that reflects your personality and your specific interest in this role and Bluebeam
- Three to five recent writing samples that you are particularly amped about
Meet Some of Bluebeam's Employees
Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Beth oversees traditional and digital advertising while dabbling in social media and public relations. She also helps Bluebeam collect and analyze marketing metrics for future campaigns.
Back to top