Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience.
The Media & Analytics team based in Irvine is looking for a tremendously talented individual who develop and implement measurement strategies across all aspects of our digital environment. The Web Analyst role must understand tracking requirements and will work closely with engineering and development teams to design and implement tagging schemas and standards for online campaigns across regions. This individual should have a solid understanding of paid digital media and traffic drivers.
The role will also assist in creating reports and visualizations for various operational levels, participate in weekly reporting meetings with agencies and division managers, coordinate across teams to ensure timely delivery of reports, and help complete ad hoc projects and reports as needed. The ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about digital marketing, is a team player, a critical thinker, and must possess strong interpersonal skills to interface effectively with both the marketing and technical teams.
- Work with Analytics, Publishing and vendor teams to understand tracking and measurement requirements
- Work closely with Analytics and technical teams to design tagging schemas and standards for new features and optimize current strategies
- Work across various ad tech platforms to assess measurement capabilities, overseeing tagging, testing and SDK implementation. Prior experience with a DMP/DSP is a plus
- Experience with tracking and measurement implementations across web, mobile, and our web-based apps (e.g. Blizzard game launcher)
- Work with internal teams to provide business requirements and collaborate on data capture strategy that will support advanced analyses and insights on consumer behavior
- Test and validate tracking and measurement implementations across platforms; must have working knowledge of web code (HTML) and be able to identify/fix errors if necessary
- Design and development of website, sales, and operational health reports/dashboards
- Design, administer, and analyze the results of A/B and multivariate tests for micro and macro conversion optimization
- Maintain an awareness of competitive information and key industry trends to provide context for on domain and off-domain performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3 years work experience in marketing, advertising or media
- 2 years work experience with web or consumer behavior tracking and tag management
- Expertise with digital measurement technologies (Google Tag Manager, DSP, DMP)
- Expertise in Google Analytics or a similar digital measurement tool
- Experienced in A / B, multi-variant testing, and ROI analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Solid understanding of best practices in data analytics and statistical relevancy
- Prior experience with analytics/dashboarding programs (e.g. Tableau, Metrics) preferred
- Experience with analytic software such as RDBMS (e.g. SQL Server) and data visualization (e.g. Tableau) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines and execute high-quality work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently and with good judgment
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top