Video Platform Engineer
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
We are seeking a driven, passionate engineer to play a critical role in developing products that are key to the long-term strategic vision for the company. Our new engineer will exemplify a proactive, self-motivated and focused thinker who takes pride in well-architected code and delivering knock-out products to serve a global esports audience.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Collaborate in a team responsible for the development of solutions to facilitate live IP-based broadcasts, from in-venue capture, to transcode/transmux, ad insertion, distribution, rendering, and tracking
- Automate integrations with CDN's, Transcode Clusters, Analytics, and Other 3rd Party Media Platforms
- Develop platform features at scale to drive uptime and reduce operational costs
- Work with IT/Broadcast Operations Leads to develop next generation broadcast solutions for Activision/Blizzard's temporary and permanent venues
- Research emerging software and hardware trends to improve stability, reduce costs, and offer unique functionality for live esports event streams
- Interface with outside partners and vendors on venue services, stream hand-off, and distribution platforms to the extent they are leveraged for core services, packetization and delivery of our streams and vods.
- Develop Novel Solutions to deliver multi-lingual and localized version of all content, covering both in-stream and captions
- 4+ Years Expertise with Java/C++/Equivalent Enterprise-level language
- Hands-on experience with automating Media Workflows, Encoding, Transcoding, Decoding
- Understanding of real-time messaging and automating a large-scale software cluster
- Understanding of web and video-related protocols – TCP, UDP, RTP, RTMP, FEC, VTT, h.264, h.265, etc.
- Excellent Network/Media Troubleshooting skills
- BS Degree in an Engineering field or relevant work experience, MS a plus
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top