VFX Artist - Diablo IV
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: VFX Artist - Diablo IV
Requisition ID: R003129
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on Diablo IV. Are you a skilled VFX Artist? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you're looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
Working with 3D packages, in-game FX systems to create a wide range of VFX (fire, smoke, magic, electricity, explosions, etc.), as well as a general understanding of good game play communication. A solid grasp of the principles of motion, anticipation, dynamics, follow-through, lighting, and other facets of animation is essential for the position. The VFX Artist must have skill in creating textures and geometry needed for stylized VFX.
Stuff You Can Rightfully Brag About
What will it take to be successful in this role? Well, we're always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today, so these are probably some of your previous achievements:
- Creation of hand crafted visual effects to be used in real-time game assets.
- Technical setup, integration, and troubleshooting of VFX in a real-time game engine.
- Work with lead artists to ensure timely completion of VFX assets at the desired quality bar.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews.
- A minimum of 3 years' creating real-time special FX for video games
- Experience with creating consistently brilliant, eye catching real-time FX using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game FX systems
- Able to paint special FX textures from scratch and match an established style
- Proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders, etc...
- Working knowledge of rendering engines and experience designing VFX shaders
- Solid game design awareness and an exceptional game design-oriented collaborator
- Self-driven, excellent communicator
- Solicits feedback and critique frequently; uses feedback to improve content
How You Will Stand Out
Most importantly, we want to get to know your authentic self, because life's too short to pretend to be something you're not (unless we're talking cosplay of course). That said, we hope you have:
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles as a VFX artist
- Experience authoring custom materials and graphics shaders
- Scripting experience in LUA, Python, etc.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines - illustration, modeling, animation, or technical art
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
And yeah, you will need these things to apply
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant programming and artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a test if requested to do so
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Back to top