Job Title: VFX Artist (Associate to Senior) - Unannounced Survival Game
Requisition ID: R005486
VFX Artist (Associate to Senior) - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you're a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we'd love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It's going to be amazing, and we'd love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we'll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
Do you love when things sparkle, glow, smoke, melt, burn and flow? If things go boom, spectacularly, do you get all giddy? Are you obsessed with how VFX can support gameplay and not just be pretty to look at? Do you get annoyed when VFX doesn't have the right speed and rhythm? Have your friends almost stopped watching movies with you because you always analyze and comment on the special effects? Then why don't you come on over here and help us make a game? You'll fit right in.
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we're obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you're looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
You can learn a bit more about this upcoming Unannounced Survival Game in our news release here !
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
You're good at:
- Creating amazing visual effects in real-time game engines!
- Technical setup, integration, and troubleshooting of VFX in game engines.
- Working closely together with other creative people.
- Using all the tools of the trade, be it Photoshop, Maya, in-engine FX systems, or other software.
- Creating VFX in various ways, using different approaches. 3D, particle systems, physics, ribbons, simulations, flip books... you name it, all of it is exciting to you.
- Consistently hitting established art targets.
- Communicating, both verbally and in writing.
Extra awesome points for:
- Being an avid player of all kinds of games.
- Having previously shipped AAA titles as a VFX artist.
- Experience authoring custom materials and graphics shaders.
- Scripting experience in Lua, Python, etc.
- Skills in other related disciplines, like illustration, modeling, animation, or technical art.
You'll need to provide us with:
- Portfolio or reel of work, in digital format (website, blog, online album, Dropbox, etc.). Physical media will not be accepted
- An art test might be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and our core values are real.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come help us bring the world together through epic entertainment!