UX/Visual Designer - World of Warcraft Game Sites
At Blizzard Entertainment, we strive to create the most epic gameplay experiences ever made. In support of this goal, the Web & Mobile team creates online experiences that serve and connect millions of our players worldwide, from first-time users to lifelong gamers. We help them discover our games, interact with their friends, and bond with a vast community of players.
As designer on the Web & Mobile team, you will combine your skills in product, interaction, and visual design to help shape the end-to-end user experience of Blizzard’s websites. You will wield your passion for visual design, UX, and gaming to help champion innovation across Blizzard’s web and mobile products.
Human-centered design – When crafting Blizzard quality experiences, you are responsible for understanding our players, their wants, and needs. You’re dedicated to ensuring that the team’s design work adds value and meaning to the digital experiences we create.
Conceptual thinking – You’re enthusiastic about big ideas and pushing the boundaries of our craft in the digital space. You explore and develop ideas that span different mediums and work perfectly across distinct communication platforms.
Visual communication – You display a strong understanding of digital design and communication principles. Color, typography, space, balance, rhythm, contrast, usability principles, textures and patterns—you wield them all as you contribute to brand aesthetics, site and app architecture, user interfaces and navigation.
Execution and delivery – You translate concepts, user research and brand objectives into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
Iterative approach – You constantly appraise and refine our online experiences to ensure that they continually improve, and that both you and your teammates are well-aware of what works and what doesn’t.
You should apply for this position if you possess...
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years of experience researching and developing strategic user experience design for high-traffic, dynamic digital experiences
- A strong online portfolio showing a range of work across different interactive media
- Inexhaustible dedication to problem-solving and communication
- A mindset for ‘Thinking Globally’—considering the wants and needs of our players from different parts of the world
- The ability to collaborate effectively with all disciplines that comprise our cross-office team
- Interest in developing and maintaining positive relationships with your teammates, peers, and department leadership
- Proficiency in design and prototyping software, e.g. Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Suite
- A thorough understanding of UX/UI standards and responsive design principles
- The ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- The flexibility to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Video editing and motion graphics experience
- Digital painting or compositing skills
- Understanding of the agile development process
- Familiarity with World of Warcraft
Required application materials
- URL or PDF of your design portfolio, showcasing strong creative and understanding of digital development
- While not required, we strongly appreciate cover letters
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top